Gotcha Sunday

Wiggle

Gotcha Sunday

Post by Wiggle »

Hello everyone! Today is TomCats gotcha day! It's 10 years since he moved in and filled a gap in our lives that we never knew was there.

That's enough sentimental stuff, what is everyone doing today?
I've got an endurance class this morning followed by decluttering the loft space. If anyone is interested in science textbooks from 30 odd years ago then let me know.
isambard

Re: Gotcha Sunday

Post by isambard »

Happy gotcha day to Tomcat! Why do you call it a gotcha day, if I may ask?

I just had a huge bowl of porridge with home- made hazelnut butter which turned out right (I've been trying to make my own nut butters). I'm off to the Pompidou museum this morning and then off to watch tennis this evening.
Hope everyone has a lovely day!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ah lovely Tom!

Are you going to the French Open, Ism? I'm jealous, I'd love to go.

I had another night of broken sleep but touch wood, I think my cough may be improving. J is taking his kids out for lunch and I'm quite loking forward to a day to myself.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Morning. Happy Gotcha Day. Will there be celebratory cake? :))

I seem to have a busy day which wasn’t in the plan :mad:

I am distributing the parish magazine this morning. Then I need to (in no particular order) visit my mum, walk the dog and go to Sainsburys before starting packing for tomorrow’s camping trip.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning.

C has promised me a trip to the garden centre this afternoon. I want a wisteria plant so much. It’s raining though so garden time may not be much of an option today.

I’ve popped an almond & hazelnut croissant in the air fryer to have with my third coffee for breakfast.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! Happy gotcha day to Tom.

I'm watching the second (of four) motor race of the day from Monaco, and doing some knitting while I watch.

It's grey and drizzly here so I'll have to get the laundry dry indoors.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I've just had a boiled egg with toast, but would prefer Pip's breakfast.

I think eldest is taking us to Tesco later, so I can do some shopping and we will have a coffee there. Other than that , no plans.

I spotted a delightful big bruise yesterday on my chest from my crash - where the seatbelt obviously saved me from a flight through the windscreen, and my back is still hurting, so taking it easy seems a good idea.

Was Tom a rescue or did you get him as a kitten, Wiggle?

My friend who moved last week has 2 cats, one was inherited from her stepmum, who had taken him on as a rescue. He is really unsettled and scared by the move (he is also very old) . The other one, is also unsettled, but younger , and has been with my friend since she was a kitten, so seems to have adapted more quickly.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Is, Gotcha day as in the day I got you. It's another slang term for the day he was adopted.

Tracy, we got him from a rescue..They said at the time he was around 3 to 5 years old but the vets think he's a bit younger than those dates

Tex, I have angel layer cake ready to celebrate with MrW,.while Tom gets a bonus pouch of fancier cat food.

Its absolutely pouring down now and I have no plans to leave the house.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Morning! It rained in the night here - it woke me up because I’d left the windows open including the velux window in the loft. Luckily the angle meant it hadn’t actually rained inside.

I’ve had blackberry and blueberry compote and Greek yoghurt for breakfast. 3 lattes too :dotty: Pip. I’m now looking through Greekish looking for more recipes to try tonight. I found amazing looking olive fingers in an old school Greek deli yesterday so definitely want to make something to dip those in.
Lola

Post by Lola »

Morning. I’m on my own as Mr L has gone away for a week. It is absolute bliss :perky:

I’m planning a trip to Bluewater soon to take some returns and maybe get a new ipad :look: I suppose I should get some food too.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I wore a waterproof jacket to walk the dog as rain is forecast. It’s actually really warm and I’m roasting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Morning. I'm having issues logging in to the site. It keeps logging me out 😞

Anyway, we've been to spin, had breakfast and Heardle'd and I am about.to make a start on downstairs. Bob, the robovac, goes round every other day but I need to do a deep clean of the lounge and kitchen.

The threatened rain isn't here yet so I'm going to plant out a few bedding plants first.

Happy Tom day :))
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

One packet of tangfastics later and lots of oh wow I forgot we had this, the loft is now clear. Random things we found include
- an old mobile phone
- a portable colour TV
- curtains from MrW's mum when we moved into our old house
- a BT phone book from 2012
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Afternoon. I missed your accident, Tracy! I hope you are ok!
The bloke and everyone else here has headed to Wembley for some football thing. I've pottered blissfully alone and am now sat in the summerhouse after cleaning the inside of the van. It was mudtastic. I could have done more washing as the forecast rain hasn't appeared.

ETA happy Tomcat day :love:
Malan
isambard

Post by isambard »

sally maclennane wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:19 am Ah lovely Tom!

I had another night of broken sleep but touch wood, I think my cough may be improving. J is taking his kids out for lunch and I'm quite loking forward to a day to myself.
Yes, sal, and I love it! I am glad to hear your cough might be improving.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hello,

I have been shopping cooked myself a banging late breakfast and am now preparing to go and so charity stuff before having many, many beers later on. :board:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I need the latest shower to blow over so I can plant my new wisteria. :weewee: C hates climbing plants but has let me have it anyway.

Tell us what was in the breakfast, Alan.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

isambard wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:10 pm
sally maclennane wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:19 am Ah lovely Tom!

Yes, sal, and I love it! I am glad to hear your cough might be improving.
Have a great time!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Lovely Tom 😺

I've been to the gym this morning as it's closed tomorrow

No apocalyptic rain as forecast so far just a slight shower but they cancelled the local market yesterday due to the supposed thunderstorms

Fingers crossed you keep improving Sal

Take it easy Tracy
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:08 pm Tell us what was in the breakfast, Alan.
It was just the basics, but done well.

Sausage, bacon, black pudding, hash brown and egg.