“Do something” Monday

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

“Do something” Monday

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good morning.

It’s another bank holiday in which everyone asks everyone else if we’re going to “do something” but no one defines what that something is. What about you?
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Re: “Do something” Monday

Post by baargain »

I'm up already as the roofer texted me at 8am to ask if he could come and fix the roof this morning, and he is already here! Gah!

I'm off for a walk with a friend and her new dog, and then will go to the allotment to build a path.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We're at spin then either we or I will walk and I am going to do a jigsaw. There is nothing else planned and I am ok with that.

We have a bonus day off tomorrow so will head out for the day.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Margo

Post by Margo »

It’s like that here too… I’m in Witney with J and Mum but we have no idea what to do…

I dug up a young bay tree for a neighbour back home yesterday, maybe I’ll dig a few more up, pot them and start a bay tree business 😂
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Morning!

Our doing something is doing very little. MrW is just back from the gym and then i'll be chopping his head off (aka cutting his hair) then it's a little bit bit of gardening followed by lunch at a local cafe.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Morning!

I’m only working 2 days this week so whilst doing a couple of hours yesterday morning and this morning wasn’t ideal, it makes my life easier this week. Plus I was woken by my body clock for gym trips that were not happening, so the time was used wisely.

I’ve been to the gym today now it’s actually open and the girls have just gone out for a run. I was told Sproglette was running and Elvis was accompanying her on a scooter, but P said it was the other way round when he saw them out of the kitchen door. I cannot see over the fence myself so have to rely on him to tell me. :lol:

We don’t have time to ‘do something’ as we’ve been busy doing stuff all weekend. I need to organise rooms and beds ready for my sister’s arrival tomorrow.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I’ve already done some marking and had breakfast in the garden. More marking (me) and revision (J) will feature today. D is away with school in Newquay. I believe there is a tennis court booked for later.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Morning team,

I have nothing to report which is lovely. I am awaiting the arrival of The Child and she will undoubtedly demand a cooked breakfast but that is the limit of what I have to do today, dinner is already sorted. Everything else is clean/tidy all of the washing is done and up to date so I might have a few beers later, but we'll see.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I've woken up to a fresh bruise on my neck, to join the one on my chest, which is making me realise even more how effective a seatbelt is!

I have no plans other than to use up some food in the fridge. When I was away last week, OH went shopping, bought proper food, then appears to have gone to M&S and bought ready meals and ignored the fridge.

I also want to use up some overripe bananas and an out of date tin of condensed milk. I'm wondering if the bin is the best option.

Have a lovely bank holiday All!
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

Morning Monday people. No real plans here, I’ve had a lovely lie-in, though it was accompanied by some weird dreams. Anyway just having a chilled day.

Hope you all have good days :)
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Morning. I need to do something with some filo pastry. I have a whole package that needs using up.

Aside from pastry I want to go to the garden centre and eye up fig trees. G also needs to do some revision/homework and Liv has a times tables booklet to complete as the year 4 test is coming up.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Mini baklava cheesecake? I want to make that so much!

Our something has been the whole family walking up to a local cafe for breakfast. Then we’ll do some gardening and I’m meeting school friends for dinner this evening. I might try to fit in another uni induction video this afternoon. And/or a nap.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Morning all the gym/pool is shut today being a bank holiday so doing will just be the usual lunchtime walk if it stays dry and mopping the floors plus typical Monday admin support and maybe study
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Morning, my something is shopping for my upcoming holiday., and also Js birthday. I'm just having some breakfast now in the M&S cafe, and then I'll start shopping.

I should really clean the bathroom this afternoon, I'll see how I feel though.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Today's one of the rare UK BHs when we're working in France :))

Nothing interesting going on except I have my latin dance class tonight and need to attempt to make a dermatologist appt :fc:
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I'm glad I had no outdoor plans, it's pouring down here all of a sudden!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Morning. We are on our way to Wales. The car is absolutely rammed. I have no idea how anyone packs light for camping :lol:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

It's impossible to pack lightly for camping I think

I'm in bed watching TV on the iPad and eating oats. I don't really want to do anything else.
Malan
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

As the bitter voice of experience I can tell you it’s easy to pack lightly for camping if you don’t have a car and have to haul all your gear on and off trains. Especially when your stupid boyfriend thinks you can carry as much weight as he can :mad: :lol:
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning. I hope your bruising isn't too sore Tracy, and yes, thank goodness for seatbelts.

I'm waiting for my cleaner to arrive and then I'll go out and leave her to it, so it's a normal Monday for me (with added rain).

Baklava cheesecake sounds amazing :ready:
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.