“Do something” Monday

sally maclennane

Re: “Do something” Monday

Post by sally maclennane »

I've never camped but the amount of shit you need is another reason not to do it, from what I can see.

I have spent a small fortune this morning, I got new trainers and sandals for my holiday, plus a new case as my old one is broken. I also got stuff for Js birthday. I don't plan to do much more today although it's dry so i might stick on a wash.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

rosy wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:03 pm Morning. I hope your bruising isn't too sore Tracy, and yes, thank goodness for seatbelts.

It isn't half as sore as it looks!! For the past couple of days it felt like I'd done a very heavy body pump session, but it doesn't really hurt at all now, it just looks really bad!

I used to love camping, but hated having to go to the loo block if I woke in the night !
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Nothing much to report here. I have done some laundry and a supermarket shop. I made ratatouille yesterday so will have for dinner tonight with rice.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I don’t think I’m a natural camper. Don’t fancy finding out either.

We’ve spent most of the day in the garden sorting it out. I finally managed to engage C but he has different ideas about which plants are desirable in the garden. I’m having a mint aero brownie to celebrate a job well done, even though we’re nowhere near finished.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I only like camping with proper beds and when it is all set up for me - aka glamping.

We have guests over from NZ (Mr P's uncle and aunt) who took us out for lunch before the rain came over, which was very nice indeed. Mr P has gone to pick up the two smallest from Scout camp, so the rest of us have been reading our books/ dozing post lunch which has all felt very civilised.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Hurrah for seatbelts Tracy! I hope the bruising and aches wear off.

It has been a very bank holiday type day. P has done some little DIY jobs and I have been sewing. One of his jobs was putting up a black out blind in our bedroom. :weewee:

The girls went to town with a friend and have both bought a dress for the wedding we’re going to next weekend. It’s about the third one Sproglette has bought so she’s certainly got options. :lol:
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

When I was 18 and in a car crash the seatbelt broke my collarbone. I’m definitely glad to you had yours on Tracey.

I’ve spent my bank holiday at a rubbish car boot then backwards and forwards to Halfords to buy a new bike for Betty (I was in the wrong car so couldn’t fit it in and had to go back in the van). Then I chilled out with A
Elya

Post by Elya »

We’ve been on a day trip to London - just on the way home now. I took S to the imperial war museum which he enjoyed and the others went shopping. We also did a bit of southbank and food behind the royal festival hall. I need a nap now.
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

Elya wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:41 pm I took S to the imperial war museum which he enjoyed and the others went shopping.
Don’t let Marth see that :))
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
Elya

Post by Elya »

Popprincess wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:54 pm
Elya wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:41 pm I took S to the imperial war museum which he enjoyed and the others went shopping.
He’s only 10, so he doesn’t have the stamina for the full bloke war museum experience.
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

Aww :lol:
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Elya wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 7:36 pm
Popprincess wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:54 pm
He’s only 10, so he doesn’t have the stamina for the full bloke war museum experience.
:lol:
The Bloke is going back in September with a mate to look at WW1 stuff and said he will return back to the museum to have a better look.
Malan
Elya

Post by Elya »

I said I’d take S back to see the rest another time…