Verrucas

Hazey_Jane

Verrucas

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Nothign will shift the little buggers off my feet. I've been using this http://www.superdrug.com/shoe+foot-acce ... 0/&bklist=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which hasn't gotten rid of them and they seem to be spreading. Do any of those one application spray things work?

What a lovely topic for Monday morning.
Sky

Re: Verrucas

Post by Sky »

I've some of the delightful things too thanks to local pool. I use a Scholl gel thing on them and have helpfully just dropped it out of reach so can't get you the proper name of it :ella: It was about a fiver from Boots and seems to work pretty well, although I swim regularly so they keep coming back :grump:
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I have used a zappy thing like that before and yes it worked. If they still won't shift you may have to get a chiropodist or someone else who likes feet to cut it out! :disco:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I thought these died out in the early eighties.

Use one of those freeze spray fuckers to burn them off.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Nothing at all worked for me until recently a friend told me that her chiropodist recommended nail polish and that's got rid of all my verrucas. I had over 10 and they've all gone. I just painted nail polish over them every day and picked it off once a week. It's way better than the seal & heal stuff.
viggy

Post by viggy »

That's interesting Pip!I've had a stubborn one hanging around for a couple of years, the freeze thing didn't kill it and the bazooka stuff always seems to rub off and didn't work either. How long did it take in the end?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Maybe 2 or 3 months, I think. I can't quite remember. The nail polish makes them waterproof too, so should prevent any spread.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Wartner is the freeze spray stuff, you disgusting people.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

How does the nail varnish thing work though? Is it just because it seals it or something else?
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

DUCT TAPE!!!! Seriously. Babybel had a veruca that just would not die, and someone told us to stick duct tape on it and it worked! Can't remember how long it took but it wasn't long. It suffocates them.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Nail polish does the same. It just seals them from the air and they die off.

Duct tape didn't work for me, nor did cider vinegar or banana skins or tea tree oil, or this other oil my yoga teacher gave me. The freezing sprays helped a little, but not loads. I sometimes froze them and then painted nail polish on top.
lazzikins!

Post by lazzikins! »

Did you ever see a chiropodist, Pip? :monster: :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I tried to make an appoint, but she never called back, and then my friend gave me the nail polish advice direct from a chiropdist and it worked. So no, I never actually saw one, but I don't have any verrucas now either.
lazzikins!

Post by lazzikins! »

It's win-win. :yes:
viggy

Post by viggy »

lazzikins! wrote:Did you ever see a chiropodist, Pip? :monster: :))
I happened to mention my verruca when I was seeing a chiropodist for an ingrown toenail and they practically screamed at me that they didn't deal with them anymore, and to use OTC stuff :look:

I have nail varnish on the sole of my foot, and hope in my heart.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

On Mog's advice ( :ella: ;) ) Igot some of the freeze stuff as I'm so fed up of them and just want them gone as quickly as possible now. If it doesn't work I'll try the nail varnish method.
Hallowqueen

Post by Hallowqueen »

I tried the freezing stuff and it didn't work at all.
viggy

Post by viggy »

I'm beginning to think the nail varnish method works by sticking your foot to your sock/ tights foot then whipping off a layer of verruca when you undress. :look:
Kittiwake

Post by Kittiwake »

Last one I had was huge and I couldn't get rid of it the normal ways. In the end I soaked it in warm water, unwrapped a razorblade and cut slivers of it off until it was all gone. I had to go a little below the surface of the skin. It didn't bleed but it was very tender for a while . The verruca never returned and I haven't had one since (years and years).

I don't actually recommend this method, it's a little risky but it did work for me.