Wedges

Pickle

Wedges

Post by Pickle »

Can anyone give me the recipie for wonderful wedges that you all use? :)
Unexpectedly small.
Topcat

Re: Wedges

Post by Topcat »

1: A wedgie should be given if it asked for. Such as when a person's waistband shows.

2: If a person is wearing tighty whities, give it to him just for wearing them. They are unacceptable.

3: Melvins should be given to all tighty whitie wearers, then they should have to be pantsed, and atomic wedgied.

4: If the waistband comes off during a wedgie, the wedgied shall wear it on their head all day long.

Hey, Mac, your wearing Tighty Whities! That means, wait I have to check the wedgie rules, you get a melvin!
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Thank you Mog. Most useful.
Unexpectedly small.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I am here to help, Alan.
high_life

Post by high_life »

I thought this was going to be a thread about shoes :(.

I think there is probably a better recipe floating about on here, but I make wedges by chopping then parboiling the potatoes (something waxy that holds shape) in salted water with a touch of rosemary. I then put them in a tray and coat with vegetable oil, cayenne pepper and garlic and cook in the oven at 200C for about 25 mins. You need to poke at them a bit half way through. I've also done the same process but with garlic, lemon and rosemary as the coating.

edit: got my spices wrong.
Last edited by high_life on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luther

Post by Luther »

Modern wedges have reduced loft compared to older designs. This is both to compensate for cavity-back iron designs that launch the ball higher for a given loft, and to increase the distance carried by each club for the average golfer's clubhead speed. As a result the loft of the pitching wedge has decreased along with the numbered irons from a traditional loft of between 48–54° to between 45–50°, similar to that of an older 8-iron. Many pitching wedges have a loft close to 50°.
Nigel Blackwell wrote: He went to the safari park where he saw a monkey with a banana in one hand and a tin opener in the other. He shouted over to the monkey, "hey, you don't need a tin opener for that!" To which the monkey replied, "it's for the custard, dickhead."
Disco

Post by Disco »

http://purplefoodie.com/garlicky-baked-fries/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Luther

Post by Luther »

Basically, a wedge uses a weight line, elevation or tapers to create a full-bodied look. Wedges are created using elevated cutting techniques; the hair is held away from the head at a 20-45 degree angle during the cut to create a stacked or wedged look. Perhaps the most famous wedge was worn by world-famous figure skater Dorothy Hamill.
Nigel Blackwell wrote: He went to the safari park where he saw a monkey with a banana in one hand and a tin opener in the other. He shouted over to the monkey, "hey, you don't need a tin opener for that!" To which the monkey replied, "it's for the custard, dickhead."
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Oh those sound wicked Disco! Have you tried them?

Thanks also Hl! Sorry no shoes. :(
Unexpectedly small.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Announcing The First Ever "International Wedgie Day" - April 2nd

This day is a celebration of all things to do with wedgies and especially that wedgies are a global phenomenon. Is there someone you've always wanted to wedgie but never had the courage? - Wedgie Day is the perfect reason, if they doubt you just point them to http://www.wedgiegirls.com/internationalwedgieday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What you can do for International Wedgie Day:

1. SPREAD THE WORD announce on as many messageboards or public forums as you can that April 2nd is International Wedgie day - you can copy and paste this message if you like.

2. Give someone a wedgie or offer to let them give you a wedgie, obvious really. If you can, ask them if they know what day it is, wedgie them, then tell them.

3. Help to take make wedgies global, everyone knows that wedgies are given all the time across the USA, Canada and the UK, but what about the rest of the world? Well actually wedgies can be found all over the world but there are still a few countries where they are still rare. If you are from one of those countries where wedgies are not common then you can solve this by giving as many wedgies as you can, likewise if you know someone from one of these countries then give them a wedgie and then explain to them what wedgies are all about.

4. Finally check http://www.wedgiegirls.com/internationalwedgieday.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more information on events and announcements leading up to the day itself.

5. Above all - have fun! Celebrate International Wedgie Day and help spread wedgies across the World!

Bill Murray collects the first ever Golden Wedgie Award:

The Golden Wedgie Award for "Wedgie of the Year" went to Bill Murray, the judges said the decision was an easy one as Bill Murray's style and comedy value in the art of wedgie giving was unsurpassed. A spokesperson for Bill Murray said that he was honoured to have received the award and that he would continue to give wedgies at every possible opportunity. Further details of Bill Murray and other celebrities' wedgie giving and receiving can be found here.

Other Golden Wedgie Awards went to W3 for technical innovation and dedication;

JR for outstanding contribution to the international wedgie community;

and Wedgielegend for outstanding innovation in the art of wedgie techniques.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I have made them once, Pickle. They were nice but something happened to them...I can't quite remember...it might have been my oven was too hot and the garlic burnt. But that was just my oven, not the wedges because I tell a lie I did them twice and the second time I didn't have my oven up so hot.
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Ah thanks Disco, I might try those.

You are much more helpful than Mog. :mrgreen:
Unexpectedly small.
Disco

Post by Disco »

They're the same ones that Vermintrude does.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I don't use the ones that everyone use here, but I normally just slice potatoes into WEDGES, and chuck into a bowl that is a mix of olive oil (sometimes garlic flavoured OO if I have it in), and random herbs, usually a bit of paprika / cayenne, toss about, and then put onto baking tray, sprinkle some salt on and bake for 30-40 minutes YUMMA
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I've tried the Verm wedges, and they're really nice although (I think it's obvious) REALLy fucking garlicky. I would happily have them again though.
Bambideer

Post by Bambideer »

I've done the garlicky ones too, lush. I think next time I'd do them with lemon & thyme to have with lamb.
not knowing the rules for gender in the Spanish language is more feasible than not noticing that your horse doesn't have a penis
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I do mine the VRB way and they are really really nice. The garlic ones were way too garlicky for me.