Advent calendars?

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Dutchie

Re: Advent calendars?

Post by Dutchie »

Today's offering was a glitter body oil!
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

Will you wear it to the roller disco?
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

They are both good hauls Wiggle!

I never know what to do with a glittery body oil Dutchie, I find the idea of being covered in glitter a bit odd!

Yesterday was a fragrance society hand cream, peony, poppy and barley, which sounds like it might smell nice, but thanks to bastarding Covid I can’t smell anything. :lol:

Today was a factor 30 lipbalm, which I’ve had before, but which was great over this summer, so I’m pleased to have another.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Glitter body oil :))!

We got a small bottle of Le Labo Thé Matcha 26 today. I got a bottle of their Thé Noir in a calendar years ago and really liked it, and this is clearly from the same family, but it’s much brighter and greener (?) at the front. I like it!
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Hobbes wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:45 pm I never know what to do with a glittery body oil Dutchie, I find the idea of being covered in glitter a bit odd!
I think I'll take Tab's advice and wear it to the roller disco! I have no idea when I will ever feel the moment is right for this body oil but I will report back when I do!

That Thé Matcha sounds lovely Ella!
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

The only bad thing about advent calendars is when you wake up on the 26th and realise you are no longer going to have a little treat each day, sad times. :(

We had a 25th present in the M&S one, which was a Clinique dramatically different mascara, so very pleased with that.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

My sil was given the John Lewis advent calendar by her Mum but she can't use most of the products as she has sensitive skin so she gave them to me and the girls yesterday.

We were delighted going through it all.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ooh Is, lucky you! The JL one looks good. What did you get?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Apparently its worth about £178! We haven't had a chance to look properly yet but I will let you know when we do.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Is, what a treat. I bet that’s a good calendar.

The final thing in the Liberty calendar was a mini candle. I didn’t know they had their own range of candles, and it smells really nice. Not Christmassy, which is good.

I know it’s unlikely, but does anybody have any use for the empty calendar before I chuck it? It’s so nicely made, but storage space is at a premium.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Hobbes wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:40 am The only bad thing about advent calendars is when you wake up on the 26th and realise you are no longer going to have a little treat each day, sad times. :(
One of my nephews asked for some Hotel Chocolat for Christmas. When I went in, they were selling their little Christmas boxes like 10 reindeer for £8.50 but also their advent calendars for £6.50 (for 24 chocs) so I bought him an advent calendar. He’s delighted and eating it one a day. :))
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:11 am Is, what a treat. I bet that’s a good calendar.

The final thing in the Liberty calendar was a mini candle. I didn’t know they had their own range of candles, and it smells really nice. Not Christmassy, which is good.

I know it’s unlikely, but does anybody have any use for the empty calendar before I chuck it? It’s so nicely made, but storage space is at a premium.
I feel the same about the empty calendar!

That last candle smells lovely (although I haven’t lit it yet due to my cough!)
Lola

Post by Lola »

Cerise wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:06 am
Hobbes wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:40 am The only bad thing about advent calendars is when you wake up on the 26th and realise you are no longer going to have a little treat each day, sad times. :(
One of my nephews asked for some Hotel Chocolat for Christmas. When I went in, they were selling their little Christmas boxes like 10 reindeer for £8.50 but also their advent calendars for £6.50 (for 24 chocs) so I bought him an advent calendar. He’s delighted and eating it one a day. :))
That is so cute :))
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

Don't think I would bother with the Marks one again. Too much fine hair stuff and wasn't impressed with much of the other products. Did like the This Works primer/moisturiser and the Nordic C night moisturiser.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I agree Speedy. No more M&S for me.