Crafting Plans and Projects

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Luna

Re: Crafting Plans and Projects

Post by Luna »

Well done on that top, Wiggle! I love the shape of those culottes even though my shape prohibits me from wearing them but I admire them on other people.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Good work wiggle! And the culottes look like a good next challenge.

I’ve had one of those weekends clearing a load of little jobs and nothing particularly exciting. I finished a fully lined hoodie that has been on my WIP pile for well over a year, just waiting for me to start the zip stage. :lol:

I also took up a skirt for Elvis after I asked why she never wears it after she asked me to make it (too long apparently), repaired a jumper, put the poppers on my bodysuit and made Sproglette some leggings in an XXS adults pattern to see how it fits.

In the craft shop, Elvis chose buttons for the quilted effect cushion (cartoon ducks?) and also asked me to make her a black hat, for which she has purchased cream pom-poms to attach. I found a striped and lacy tank top knitting pattern that should use up a stash of cotton DK I have, so I’ve added that to the project list.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I completed this project, my very first dress from start to finish on my own. The length is great and will be worn in the summer. My only issue is that it's a bit to boxy and want to work out how to take it in a bit to add shape. It was made from a bolt end, so not very expensive. I will make it again but with a softer knit fabric.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Ooo well done!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Mum has made 36 of these (hideous) patches and crocheted round them in purple. The plan was for me to crochet them together with a join-as-you-go method but the purple has run out and I think it was a charity shop purchase. What colour shall I use to join them please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I'd use any of the colours in the variegated yarn. Probably not the lilac but the dusky pink shade might work.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I think the pink could work nicely