April Pay Day Treats?

Duophonic

Re: April Pay Day Treats?

Post by Duophonic »

they're shoes with either a full carbon plate on the sole or carbon rods. The famous ones are Nike alphafly. They basically conserve energy when you're running so that you can run faster for longer. Some of these shoes are banned at elite level because they give you an edge and have allowed the world record marathon time to be 2hrs 35s.

In short I've become a dick about running 😎

I bought the adidas ones - https://www.adidas.co.uk/adizero-boston ... t=1&rec=mt
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
isambard

Post by isambard »

dizzyd wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:48 am
isambard wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:46 am I blew the budget and booked myself a trip to Athens! I'll be going from 9-13 May, I'm really looking forward to it. :daisy:
We loved Athens we went last weekend do you have a hotel booked as I'd really recommend where we stayed
Thank you so much, dizzy, but I have booked a hotel! I'd be very grateful for any tips, though, as I didn't know anything about the city, or where to visit.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

We just used the metro from the airport to our hotel €9 each

We got around by foot or metro

Mr D booked the hop on hop bus that also came with either 5 or 7 entry tickets to various sites think it's was €60 each. It didn't include the archeological museum that was €12 each

We mainly wandered and ate and stumbled across things

Eatery was fab we really enjoyed the food

We went to kookland dessert place that was a site to see and had a coffee and cake there - not cheap but you're paying for the uniqueness of it
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
isambard

Post by isambard »

Many thanks!
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

My English 🙈 a sight to see
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Duophonic wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:07 pm they're shoes with either a full carbon plate on the sole or carbon rods. The famous ones are Nike alphafly. They basically conserve energy when you're running so that you can run faster for longer. Some of these shoes are banned at elite level because they give you an edge and have allowed the world record marathon time to be 2hrs 35s.

In short I've become a dick about running 😎

I bought the adidas ones - https://www.adidas.co.uk/adizero-boston ... t=1&rec=mt
Ah, this is super relevant to my interests too. I have a $200 adidas voucher. How is the sizing on them?
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I normally size and a half up in running shoes but I had these assessed and fitted properly so they're only a size up.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Thank you. I may go try some on. I’m confident in my NB sizing to buy online as that’s what I’ve worn forever. Best be safe. Hope you like them!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

wendy james wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:33 pm They’ve already attempted to dibs most of it, so I may need another treat just for me. :yes:
I got in touch with a tattoo artist I like the look of (finally!) so am holding fire until I know more about what that might cost. :weewee:
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I have been given a bonus at work so it’s bumper pay day treats for me. I think I’m going to get some new shoes, I’ve booked a massage and am also going to buy a dry food dispenser that you can control with your phone (technically for the cats but also useful for me).