Simply Saturday

isambard

Simply Saturday

Post by isambard »

Good morning all.
I write with a hot water bottle slung over my shoulder as my upper right arm is very sore. I have a personal training session booked for half 12, the first since December. Then, this evening, cinema with a friend.
I hope everyone has a lovely day!
Luna

Re: Simply Saturday

Post by Luna »

Morning Is. Hope your shoulder feels better and isn’t aggravated by the PT.

I’ve got a runny nose again- I’ve been waking up with one for two weeks but don’t have a cold :lg:

Dog walk in a bit and by some sort of miracle the sun is out. Watery and cold but it’s out!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve just parked for parkrun and it’s horrible out there. I am staying in the car for as long as possible.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I have had a last morning. Theatre and dinner later. But very cold outside again!
isambard

Post by isambard »

What will you see at the theatre Annabella (if it's not too nosy!)?
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I am going to see a production of Coppelia at Marylebone Theatre :
Fusing classical ballet with contemporary dance and hip-hop, Coppelia features the full classical Delibes score imaginatively remixed by Rickard Berg and nominated for the Critics’ Circle National Dance Award for Outstanding Creative Contribution.
isambard

Post by isambard »

Sounds great. Enjoy!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning all.

I’m just having raspberries with yoghurt & granola for breakfast & waiting fur C to get back from parkrun. It’s not raining here for a nice change. Still freezing though.

We ordered a new tumble dryer yesterday so fluffy towels are once more in my future. Just doing laundry now, as I always seem to be.

Ooh, and I’ve just had exciting post delivered! :perky:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Morning dears. I hope your shoulder is OK, Is.

We've been out for a walk already, J had a prescription to collect and I got a coffee. We've just had breakfast and I'm about to go and wash my hair. Then we're heading into town as J needs a new suit, after we get that, we're going for lunch to one of my favourite Italian restaurants. We'll have a few drinks in town, and will probably be asleep on the couch by 8pm :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Morning!

I just ate a piece of raspberry ricotta cake with yoghurt and strawberries and also have a load of laundry on.

We have friends coming for dinner so I need to make a shopping list before walking Liv down to dance lesson #1.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Ism, I hope your shoulder is better soon. I was diagnosed with frozen shoulder at the beginning of winter 2021-2022 and couldn’t even tie my hair up or wear sweaters during the worst of it. You have my sympathies.

Good morning. It is my first King’s Day living here and I am doing it Dutch style ie hungover. When the rain stops, we’re going to head into town and see what festivities are going on

Look at this!
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Morning!

Is that the view from where you live Hazey? That’s lovely!

We are on the way to drop Tupac at Beaver camp, and Biggie at my friends for the night, then onward to Llangollen. I am going to take A on a hike and I’m sure he will cry about footwear being inappropriate or rubbing despite warnings :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I braved Parkrun and am rewarding myself with a pub bacon and egg bap.

That windmill is amazing!
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Fijne Koningsdag to Hazey & Dutchie (any other turtle who I haven't registered as living in The Netherlands).

Is, I hope your shoulder solves it out soon.

It's a beautiful and cold day. I am back from a much needed PT session and now have a mug of tea along with a giant cookie to build up the energy to unpack. Today's plans include a trip into town for lunch and I'll also pick up my rings which have been resized.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning!

The ballet sounds good, Annabella, as does the King's Day stuff, Hazey.

I've slept off a slight hangover, and am now reading some bumf that just came through the door about our Mayoral elections.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That lighthouse is lovely! What’s the exciting post Pip?

I’ve got a stall at a craft fair. It’s usually buzzing so I agreed late yesterday to do it and broke myself making stock and working out a table layout and they’ve had aboht 10 customers through the door. I’ve sold a few pieces and made back my table money but it feels like I’ve wasted a lot of time.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That lighthouse is lovely! What’s the exciting post Pip?

I’ve got a stall at a craft fair. It’s usually buzzing so I agreed late yesterday to do it and broke myself making stock and working out a table layout and they’ve had aboht 10 customers through the door. I’ve sold a few pieces and made back my table money but it feels like I’ve wasted a lot of time.
isambard

Post by isambard »

Class windmill, Hazey, and I hope the rain stays away for you.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I have that song about a clog wearing mouse living in a windmill, going around my head now !

Frosty start here, and eldest has been in touch to tell me she has been involved in morning drama. She went for a walk and was approached by a poor woman who had had her car stolen off her drive. She had left the keys in her ignition to defrost it and went inside to get her 3 young children (one a baby), and some woman riding past on a bike , jumped off the bike and drove the car off ! It wasn't on a main road, it was a small close tucked away on a new build estate. OH de-ices his car like that all the time in the winter, knowing we are hidden away behind a hedge. He might think twice now. Hopefully they will get fingerprints off the bike, although, that might have been stolen too !

No hangover here, just day 3 of a head cold that has left me feeling unreasonably exhausted. I'm hoping today will be a better day.
Luna

Post by Luna »

That’s awful Tracey! That poor woman - I hope they catch her on cctv or ring. I hope your cold clears up.

After a promising start it’s clouded over and gone a bit cold again :verm: I’m hoping we still go to the garden centre in a bit as I need to buy a ton of birthday cards and they do a good selection in there.
Sorry about the stall Kleio. I paid for a table at a local market last month and it was a washout. I didn’t have one sale.