Sunday

wendy james

Sunday

Post by wendy james »

GOOD MORNING! :perky:

Elvis and I are daft but not daft enough to camp without beds. Especially when I’d paid money that morning to try and fix my tight back. :lol:

So after our long walk (with a stop for chips) we hung out in the tent for a bit then packed up before it got dark and came home.

I might do some sewing before we head to Shepton for the monthly market and a nosey at the clothing in the big Tesco. I’m still trying to replace the long black cardigan I lost in my Paris luggage.

Have a lovely Sunday!
Wiggle

Re: Sunday

Post by Wiggle »

Morning! Wendy, I think that was a great solution. When and where is the camping trip?

Will this rain ever stop? It woke me up and it's forecasted to rain all day.

I was planning to go to class this morning but still suffering from after effects of this stupid virus (plus a very busy travel week) so I have cancelled. Instead I will do some chores and watch a film.

Hope everyone has a great day x
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning.

I’ve been listening to the rain since about 3am on and off. What a glorious day to end the rugby season! 🏉

C is making me a coffee and I’m going to listen to the rain some more before getting up & ready to face the world. Yesterday’s blow dry was a bit of a waste!

I think you did the right thing by not staying, Wendle. Hope you feel better soon Wiggle.

Have you had any cardigan joy via Vinted, Wends?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I haven’t been that industrious in my search. It’s this time of year when I decide I want a looser fit long cardigan. I may check it out though.

Happy birthday Pip - have you chosen your breakfast in advance?

We were just in the Blackdown Hills for the night wiggle, so just over an hour from home. P did offer to drive to us with the missing bit of the beds but they seemed daft for one night. We are still counting it in our Year of Camping as the tent did go up (plus there’s no chance to try again in April)!
Luna

Post by Luna »

Happy Birthday Pip!

More rain here so early dog walk has been shelved. Hopefully it’s not going to rain all day..
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think I’m going to have the fanciest thing on the menu, which looks like the Miami brunch. Sweetcorn fritters and chorizo.

We’ve just heard that the U14s rugby match in Kettering is off, so we might not yet be going to Solihull.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Morning all and happy birthday, Pip!

Does anyone know if IKEA does browsing time on Sundays but the tills open at 11?
isambard

Post by isambard »

Oh good morning all and happy birthday Pip!

I also think it sounds like you did the right thing by coming home when there were no beds, wendy.
I'd love to go to Shepton, it sounds so lovely 😍

Today looks to be a quiet day. I'm going to mass at the Irish Chapel at half eleven, then maybe drum practice although my right arm is still very sore so I won't overdo it. Actually, I shall now make a hot water bottle to put on my arm and, most importantly, have a SECOND COFFEE!
Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It looks like the one in Nottingham does!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Happy birthday Pip!

I think there is browsing and the cafe is open too. I was checking out the Hammersmith hours last Sunday but then went mid-afternoon. What are you after, Cerise?

I haven’t had any coffee yet but I’m hoping S is on it,
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Happy Birthday, Pip! May you have lovely food and little irritation. :))

It's not raining! This is unexpected. I shall take advantage by grubbing around in the garden this morning, then I'm taking Mum to the outlet place so she can look for a dressing gown and I can look for general spring clothes. Though it still does not feel like spring clothes weather. It was bloody freezing up the moors yesterday.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

emma_p wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 am Happy birthday Pip!

I think there is browsing and the cafe is open too. I was checking out the Hammersmith hours last Sunday but then went mid-afternoon. What are you after, Cerise?
I’m not entirely sure but Mr Sax has it in his head that we need a trip! Two office chairs perhaps?
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, another sunny start to the day, if not a little chilly here on the west coast.

Happy Birthday Pip! I hope you get everything you ever wanted!

The boys are away to football, and then Mr G is off down the road to see his dad in hospital, not sure if the boy will go with him.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Hello and happy birthday to Pip!

I've just had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast. It was delicious. J is about to head out to see his kids, and I'll do some housework, then watch football later. My mum will be here later for diner but may not stay long as she's addicted to the snooker :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Happy Birthday Pip, hope you have a lovely day! I will do a bit of pottering today and cook something with chicken later.
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

Morning folk. Happy Birthday Pip!

No plans here today so just mainlining coffee and lounging. It’s not currently raining here for a change.
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Breakfast was lovely and rugby is ON.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

What did you have for your birthday breakfast?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I had this, including cheddar & sweetcorn fritters, poached eggs & chorizo, a vanilla matcha latte and a glass of Prosecco.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Oooh nice, Pip! Happy birthday!

We had a lovely breakfast too, after an early morning hike up to the top of here, to walk in some new trail shoes, that have luckily passed the test :))