Sunday

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Sunday

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That looks lovely Pov. Did A behave himself or do what you predicted?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Happy Birthday Pip!
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

Lovely view, Pov.

I take back my assessment of the weather as it’s now raining again :lg:
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Good, dramatic view there, Povski.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Happy Birthday Pip. that breakfast looks good !

What virus have you had Wiggle? I've had a horrible head cold for a few days which has also left me feeling exhausted, but today I feel almost human !

I've prepped for a roast dinner, and sorted laundry , and emptied and cleaned the veg cupboard. Eldest, Mum and I are going to a garden centre in an hour or so. we have lots of Garden Centres too choose from but we are going to the 'value' one today. I've only been there once, a couple of months ago, with my Mum and we bought wool, a gilet and reduced price Christmas baubles ! Hopefully there will be a few nice plants available this time around.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Thankfully not raining here so I've popped out the wash
Whether it drys is a different matter as it's bloody freezing

Mr D is making a lentil curry for lunch and not a lot else to report

Happy birthday Pip 🎊🎉
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
rosy

Post by rosy »

Happy birthday, Pip! That is a lovely looking breakfast.

I cannot get warm at all today, I hope I'm not coming down with something. Fortunately, there's nothing that needs doing that can't wait to another day.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It's wet and grey outside so I'm making stock for chicken pho and it smells amazing with all the cinnamon and star anise. We over bought Thai basil, spring onions, ginger, mint etc for the bo ssam last night so it's the perfect way to use it up and hopefully knock colds on the head. Leftover key lime pie for dessert :perky:
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Tracy, it's been around 6 weeks with 2 rounds of steroids, my asthma's not quite in control and my voice isn't back to normal. I basically need to learn to stop and in hindsight I should have taken some time off. Last week's trip was great but I think it's set me back again. One more week of work and then I have a holiday where I will stop and get myself sorted.
Mam that all sounds really pathetic and all navel gazing, sorry! I hope you are on the mend.

Happy Birthday, Pip!
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:53 am That looks lovely Pov. Did A behave himself or do what you predicted?
He had new trainers, but they didn’t rub :)) so it was a rare win :))
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Fabulous view!

Ikea wasn’t too hideous. We came back with quite a lot of stuff. Bets bit was using the app to scan our shopping and the special checkout to pay so we breezed past all the queues!
Little My

Post by Little My »

Surely Dime cake is always the best bit of Ikea?! :))

Happy Birthday, Pip! Breakfast sounded lovely. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day too.

Love that view, Pov. I've been swithering about getting new trail shoes, but really the trail sandals I have will be weather appropriate soon and I may just wait until Fall now.

It's raining here. I managed to take the dog out between showers, and now I have taken my second coffee back to bed. (With the dog.)
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

I'm eating daim cake now bought from Morrisons :snooty:
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Little My

Post by Little My »

Jealous! I love it so.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Ooof Wiggle , 6 weeks must feel a bit relentless . I hope
The holiday sorts you out !
Jet

Post by Jet »

Happy Birthday, Pip! Lovely view, Pov.

I am sitting drinking tea and have had a croissant and some turkey bacon. I am sitting between a loud child on the phone with his friends and another child's loud youtuber hell so I may have to vacate this position soon for my own sanity. I got woken up by a big storm around 5am and had had L in the bed with me since midnight so I slept in a little bit after he got up.

Mr J is out of town this weekend as his mom had another stroke (not entirely sure if I posted at the time about the first, which was about 3 weeks ago) - it's not been what you'd call typical stroke symptoms either time including the one from Wednesday which wasn't confirmed as another until Friday. There's a lot happening again today but I'm very out of the loop and just trying to keep up with novel long group texts as I'm not there obviously but it sounds like they (Mr J and his sibs) suspect she may have had a third last night.

Otherwise I'm just mopping (via a robot, so really just supervising) and plan to make some meatballs and stick a chicken in the crock pot.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Worrying times, Jet. Hope she recovers.

I have beer and a burger, there will be more beer.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I hope she’s OK, Jet. That’s a lot after losing your FIL.

I’ve been on the shandies at the rugby. We ended the 15s season with a win which was nice. It was one of the team’s birthday too so I got cake. :perky: And I’ve just put my chocolate rosemary loaf into the oven. May have a G&T before making the ganache to top it.
Jet

Post by Jet »

That sounds like a good day so far, Pip.

Yes, this all started less than 6 weeks later. She fell this morning going to the toilet, despite the physical therapist having said she was fine with a walker (today was with two nurses helping and Mr J observing) so may have been a blessing as something that will help spur some more tests and also a referral for rehab when she's discharged which had not been offered previously. Family members with differing opinions (this is all to do with the 2nd stroke vs it could be a 3rd) making for some tension today :uhh: Fun times!
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Have a GnT pip! I’m having a jasmine one to finish off the batch I made yesterday.