Last Monday of April

sally maclennane

Last Monday of April

Post by sally maclennane »

And it's still freezing - hopefully warmer weather by the weekend though :fc:

I'm working at home today, I have various things that I keep putting off and I should really do them today. However, I think I'm meeting my pal for lunch :lol:

They're droning on about Dr Who on the radio, the BBC don't half love to hype up their own programmes :ella:

What's going on for you today?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Bat Macdui

Re: Last Monday of April

Post by Bat Macdui »

Morning. I have logged in to discover back to back meetings all morning. :lg: Happy Monday! Still, at least there's some work on. To distract me from my Saltburn PTSD. :))

Work, then Yin Yoga. Last week I came home floating on a lovely little cloud of Zen. :spoon:

I have so much random life/house stuff I should do I feel like I need to book a week off to tidy the kitchen. :)) This might be a bit over dramatic of me though.
sally maclennane

Don't waste a week leave on a kitchen tidy :))
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, it is chilly but still dry for the moment.

I have a usual Monday of waiting for shopping to be delivered, taking it over to mum’s and today I think I have the added excitement of taking her into the town for a card. This afternoon I will drop Miss T off at the groomer.

I also need to do a kitchen reorganise, but haven’t the will to start it.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Morning! It’s blue skies here and I’ve left the house with no coat. I also switched to a more summery handbag.

I don’t want to jinx it but the forecast for this week and especially next weekend looks good :weewee:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Morning. I've got three days in London from tomorrow and don't know what clothes to pack for the weather.

Definitely not bare legs.
Malan
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! It's chilly here and overcast; I am envious of the blue skies. I've not yet heard from my cleaner about when/if she's coming today, so I can't really plan the day.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

It's dry here so far but who knows what the weather holds today

I went to the gym this morning and did a PB on the barbell squat machine of 30kg so I'm well chuffed

Training now then food bank then a swim then admin and support busy Monday

Can you pack layers Marth just in case ?
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Marth

Post by Marth »

dizzyd wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:54 am It's dry here so far but who knows what the weather holds today

I went to the gym this morning and did a PB on the barbell squat machine of 30kg so I'm well chuffed

Hi Dizzy. I try and pack very light as I often have to lug my backpack to and from visits and it's knackering (it's very heavy). I will take my raincoat and a thin down jacket as well though, plus gloves....
Malan
isambard

Post by isambard »

Good morning all. Well done on your PB, dizzy.
I had a physiotherapist appointment first thing, followed by an ophthalmology appointment.
It's lovely weather in Paris so far (the rest of the week is forecast to be rainy) and I'm going on a walk to try to hunt down a rare Roja perfume which I want to sniff (but not buy- its nearly 400 EUR!)
sally maclennane

isambard wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:10 am It's lovely weather in Paris so far (the rest of the week is forecast to be rainy)
My niece is off to Paris today, for a school trip :))
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Marth wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:58 am
dizzyd wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:54 am It's dry here so far but who knows what the weather holds today

Hi Dizzy. I try and pack very light as I often have to lug my backpack to and from visits and it's knackering (it's very heavy). I will take my raincoat and a thin down jacket as well though, plus gloves....
I keep seeing those layering fold up luggage on tiktok but I bet they're heaving to carry

Could you use a storage locker for the bulky stuff ?
Marth

Post by Marth »

dizzyd wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:51 am
Marth wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:58 am

I keep seeing those layering fold up luggage on tiktok but I bet they're heaving to carry

Could you use a storage locker for the bulky stuff ?
I've seen them. There is half a ton of clothes in them, lord knows how they are supposed to be carried! The bag the woman picks up like it weighs nothing at the end is certainly not the same bag :))

I'm roaming around in a non circular fashion so need my stuff with me (so I wouldn't be returning to a locker etc)
Malan
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

They look cool though all for the grand price of £3 29 🤣
isambard

Post by isambard »

Hope your niece has a lovely time, sal!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Afternoon.

It's very windy but dry at the moment. I have had the last of the washing out and dried.

I went for my walk this morning and it was beautiful; blue sky and sun but it was bloody cold.

We'll spin (RPM) after work then there's leftover stew for dinner and an early night as I am knackered after all the stuff we've done this weekend!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
sally maclennane

isambard wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:00 pm Hope your niece has a lovely time, sal!
Thanks Isam, I'm sure she will!
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Nothing much happening here. Have been a bit lazy mucking about online instead of working. Pilates this evening and last night's leftovers for dinner.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I have taken my mum to the hospital (again!) following her recent knee replacement (all is good), sorted out her drug regime and assorted household tasks, been to the hairdressers and helped MissA update her CV. Now I’m ready for a lie down :lol:
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

Hello!

Mixed bag with the weather here today. Bit of sun, bit of rain. We're to expect hail and thunderstorms also. Sure it's nearly May, what should we expect :mad:

WFH today as I had someone here all morning resealing my windows and updating some of the handles. Did more yapping than I was happy with but he was highly recommended so can't complain.

Helping out with some massage tutorial videos later so free hand and indian massage. Not a bad end to a Monday really.