May Day May Day!

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

May Day May Day!

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good morning.

It’s the 1st of May! Will you be doing any weird pagan rituals? I might dance around my whirligig later, celebrating the arrival of a new tumble dryer.
emma_p

Re: May Day May Day!

Post by emma_p »

Morning! I don't have any rituals planned apart from looking forward to the May Day bank holiday weekend :weewee:

I'd rearranged my days to take today off but it turns out I now have a free day. I'm paralysed by indecision so in the meantime I'm going to do some laundry.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Do something nicer than laundry, Emma!

I'm working at home again today, my mum is having a day procedure today at our local hospital so I'm going to pick her up when she's done. She's being sedated so I'm going to stay with her tonight.

Its sunny here for a change, and I picked up my new skirt from the M&S food store.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Food store? Is it a grass skirt, Sal? #vegan

Nothing going on here. Had a raging ruck with a hormonal teenager last night after she lied, was vile to her mother and refused to back down which was nice. So just working today, then I will relax this evening in peace (she is back at her mothers this evening) and have a few beers.

I am almost ready to return to running/training again which is good news, I have missed it.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Morning. Happy International Workers Day! Up the revolution! Etc. :))

Hope your Mum's thing goes okay, sal.

I have perked up after a grumpy start. Though half the team I am working with at the moment are off sick, after they had a meeting last week that was clearly attended by someone with Covid. I'm only picking up bits of gossip because it's not my team, but I understand the likely candidate has been identified and a lot of people are now very cross. :look:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Morning! I have a day WFH after travelling yesterday, and have something to work on all day that I can get my teeth into. So that's good.

My parents are round for dinner and I sternly pre-warned my dad that it's tofu for dinner. :lol:
sally maclennane

Topcat wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:12 am Food store? Is it a grass skirt, Sal? #vegan
Good guess :)) If you order M&S stuff online, you can get it delivered to the local food stores and one has opened near me so it's very handy.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Ooh, fancy! :))
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Ooh, fancy! :))
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Morning, it was a misty start this morning and the sun has made a start on breaking this up. No rituals here only lots of work and planning for my much needed holiday next week.

We are off to the theatre tonight, I have just spent a frantic ten minutes trying to find my tickets and in the end i decided to just email them, they arrived a minute later. I now wonder why I didn't do that in the first place :ella:
rosy

Post by rosy »

Good luck to your mum, Sal.

I'm waiting for a parcel to be delivered, and then later I plan to make some enquiries about a new sewing class which might be starting locally.

What are you seeing at the theatre, Wiggle?
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Morning all.

I am TIRED. I had to drop Mr C off at the airport for a 6am flight and the airport is right by my work so there was no point in going home again so I have been in work since 4.30am :yawn: I can’t even finish early as I’m picking my friend up from her chemo and then I have choir tonight. Early night for me!
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

rosy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:07 am What are you seeing at the theatre, Wiggle?
It's 2:22 A Ghost Story, the tickets were booked in Feb 2023 so we've had quite a wait!

Sal, hope you mum has a good recovery.
Last edited by Wiggle on Wed May 01, 2024 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I'm exhausted reading that Chicky!

Hope your Mum is ok Sal.

I'm taking advantage of feeling fully well and whizzing round the house, cleaning. Then I'm going to do an online workout. My Zumba teacher has been diagnosed with ME and is really struggling. He has given up his independent class on a Monday, which is really sad because it was a lovely little group who got to know each other well over the years. He still does a class at one of the gyms I use on a Tuesday, but as he was ill yesterday, he had to cancel. I have a feeling he may stop that class too. So after a week of doing no exercise other than dog walking, due to being ill last week, I've done nothing this week either, and I think it affects my sleep.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I hope your mum is OK, Sal. And have you shown us the skirt? I sometimes worry I’m the only conspicuous consumer here. :))

My new tumble dryer talks to the washing machine. It’s just understood that I was washing towels and offered to dry on the towels setting. We are truly living in the future now.
sally maclennane

Oh that is very fancy, Pip. I'll put the skirt on the relevant thread :))

Thanks for the good wishes for my mum, she'll have befriended the entire department by the time I collect her :lol:
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

What a time to be alive, Pip!

I hope your mum's ok, Sal.

Usual day for me I'm paralysed with indecision, tons to do and not enough motivation to do it.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Best wishes to your mum, sal and I hope you get your early night chicky.

It is GLORIOUS here (for now). My cabin thermometer is reading about 25°C :emme: I walked this morning which was just lovely, calm, quiet and warmish.

I've had my head in work all morning and have just finished a lovely fritatta and salad for lunch.

I'll pop out later to drop off aVinted parcel then I need to do some ironing as the pile is taking over the spare bed and I need the decks to be clear for tomorrow as we are having new double glazing put in some of the frames and some of the other windows are having slight repairs done to them.

I love washing machine/dryer technology. Our dishwasher and washing machine can be controlled remotely which blows my mind...neither are very good at what they are supposed to do but :shrug:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

The weather is also lovely here, it's the first time in weeks I've been able to do my usual route on today's walk without getting a muddy foot.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It’s warm here but not especially sunny. I have pretty much wasted the day on laundry and charity shop sorting and dropping off but have pulled it back by booking a last minute pedi at a place that’s just opened.