Eyelash extensions

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Cosmopolitan

Eyelash extensions

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Has anyone had this done? What do you think?

I was considering doing them for a holiday but can't work out whether I'm being ridiculous or not. Help me please!?
Princess Morripov

Re: Eyelash extensions

Post by Princess Morripov »

I have mine done fortnightly, and have done for years. I get Russian lashes but you can get more subtle ones done.

I love them and it makes getting ready for anything so much quicker as I’m not faffing with falsies, also helps with looking less undead when you haven’t got any make up on.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I had them done for a few years routinely. I wouldn't do that again as I don't like the feel of them but they are good for events.
Princess Morripov

You also need to be ok with never rubbing your eyes, and maintaining a weird method of getting the water out of your eyes when you have a shower :lol:
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

This is all helpful. I doubt I'd keep them for ages but I think it will be cool for a wedding and 2 week hot holiday afterwards so I shall do it!

I rarely rub my eyes actually and try never to put my face underwater.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Princess Morripov wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:01 pm You also need to be ok with never rubbing your eyes, and maintaining a weird method of getting the water out of your eyes when you have a shower :lol:
I never realised how much I rub my eyes until I started getting lash lifts, and they'd only last a week or two because of it :(
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I was half-expecting this thread to have been started by Topcat :))
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Poor TC, he is much abused. But would be entertained to see him get lashes.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I personally steer clear of the Russians because they look ridiculous on me so when I get it done, I get the subtle ones which I’d suggest if it’s your first go, just to lessen the shock!

Steer clear of opening the oven door with your face too close - the steam ruined all of mine on the first day, once!
Princess Morripov

Yes! Wait 24Hrs before you even have a shower as the glue needs to set properly.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

This is all very helpful! Definitely going subtle and not full on, good tip!
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I’ve had them a couple of times for events and always pick them off within a couple of days. They look amazing but I just can’t handle them.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I never realised how much I enjoy washing my eyes until I washed my eyes after two years of solid extensions. :lol:
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

I've been having extensions for about 8 years now and other than during Covid, have been going once a month. The only thing that I don't do is rubbing my eyes. I still swim (pool and sea) and don't have an issue. I have hybrids and love them. I wear make-up probably about 3 times a year and I just feel a bit better with the extensions.
Sky

Post by Sky »

My eyelids are currently naked after picking my extensions off last week and it feels and looks so weird having had them for nearly two full years. I wanted to take a break for a month or so, mainly due to cost, but I feel naked without them.
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I think I'm ill-suited to these habitually as will definitely rub them off by accident after a week. I'm so bad at anything like this - nails etc. BUT I am thinking of having them done before I go on holiday so I don't really need to wear make-up. Do you think that would work?

When they start to fall out, do you look like a broken doll?
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

That's my intention for them, just for a holiday.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I've never had extensions as I'd wreck them in minutes but I have had a few eyelash lift and tints before holidays and special occasions and they work a treat for (ultra low maintenance) me. Just like you've applied a tip top mascara at all times.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

Ruby wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:25 pm I think I'm ill-suited to these habitually as will definitely rub them off by accident after a week. I'm so bad at anything like this - nails etc. BUT I am thinking of having them done before I go on holiday so I don't really need to wear make-up. Do you think that would work?

When they start to fall out, do you look like a broken doll?
I think a lot of people have them for holidays, so don't see why not. My hairdresser was complimenting my extensions the other week. To her they looked fab, to me they looked rubbish and I was just a few days from having them infilled. I don't think "people" would look at you and think broken doll but I do suspect that it's your own perception as I definitely feel that way.