Thursday Storms in

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Thursday Storms in

Post by Marth »

I've been awake in Tottenham for hours and witnessed the start of this almighty thunder, lightning and rain.

I am pleased I did pack my raincoat. I'm drinking tea and will leave early to get to the office.

Home later.
Malan
Princess Morripov

Re: Thursday Storms in

Post by Princess Morripov »

Hello Marth

It was pretty stormy here last night. That came out of the blue! I don’t think it was as bad as that though.

It’s my last day in work for a few days as I’m going to Ibiza for my best friends hen party first thing tomorrow, I am so excited! Today I am going to pretend to work, whilst packing and doing my nails. :weewee:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

GOOD MORNING! :perky:

I’m on my way to London, which sounds lovely. :look: There’s a yellow warning in my bit of the SW so hopefully I escape it as I travel east.

My friend hasn’t yet cancelled on me for dinner (in fact she confirmed with me yesterday), so I’m hoping it’s third time lucky!

It’s my last day too, but your weekend wins and you should now start the weekend thread POV. :yes:
isambard

Post by isambard »

Serial cancellers are annoying, we ja.

Morripov, that sounds amazing, enjoy the hen party! What colour will you do your nails?

It was stormy here last night, I haven't stepped outside yet this morning and it's sometimes hard to tell what outside will be like from my apartment windows but it ain't raining so far.
I have a busy day today. I have a physiotherapist appointment first of all, followed by drum rehearsal, which is followed by my first teaching workshop, then my actual drum lesson, then my second teaching workshop, then dinner and a play with a friend. :faint:
Most days aren't as busy as that.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Morning lads, no storm here, in fact I think its due to be warm and sunny. I'm at my mum's as I stayed here last night, because she's not meant to be alone after her procedure (which went well). My back is sore thanks to her uncomfortable spare bed but I won't mention that or she'll go out and buy a new one!

Just work today, I'll stay here for a few hours then I'll go home and change as I have a meeting in head office this afternoon.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’m glad it went well Sal.

Bloody jobsworth GWR staff member made a fuss about me arriving too early for a train. Customer services have confirmed I can arrive whenever I want and suggested I submit a complaint. :lol:
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Morning! No storms here and very sunny start to the day.

Last night 's theatre trip was good and given that it was a ghost story I had a reasonable night of sleep. My only excitement for today is another trip to the doctor's to sort out my asthma.

Sal, good to hear the your mum is okay.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, glad your mum is doing well Sal.

It’s starting to brighten up here, as it was very grey when I got up. S is off today for an inservice day, so will need to try to keep him off consoles the whole day.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

I didn't hear the storm but it's still raining here. I can't remember the last time the temperature reached higher than 13 degrees which in the wind felt even colder. It's been a very long winter and I'd like it to stop raining now, please.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Why on earth is arriving too early for a train a problem? How weird.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I’m so sorry I think the storm was prompted by me getting a pedicure yesterday so my toes are spring ready! It was pretty good though. I love a good storm.

The tube is down so I’m meeting my colleague to walk to work with her.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Cosmopolitan wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:56 am Why on earth is arriving too early for a train a problem? How weird.
So strange!

Glad your mum is doing OK sal

I don't think we had storms last night but it did rain a little bit.

The sun is burning off the cloud and we are predicted to get up to 19°C today :frolic: Ignore the fact that it is going to piss it down all weekend.

I've been up since early and seeing as I didn't get to do the ironing last night, I did that so it's all out of the way. The window fitters will be here around lunchtime, I think. We'll go and vote once they have gone.

Running tonight but first work which isn't too busy.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Just realised today is the day we drop down to one car and I'm really not sure I:m going to like it. MrW's company has decided to give him a car allowance now instead of a company car. Saying that, post covid MrW doesn't do many trips we should be okay but I can't help feeling I'm going to loose my independence.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We're down to one car and it's not really affected us as much as I thought it would do. I rarely need the car in the day during the week anyway.

The only day it is an issue is normally Thursday as that's the day C goes to the office and we both have either running or spin to get to in the evening. He may go in for a morning or two a couple of times a month but again that's not an issue.

I have had to insist that he is back before 6pm though.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Princess Morripov

wendy james wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:11 am It’s my last day too, but your weekend wins and you should now start the weekend thread POV. :yes:
I’m not sure I can :lol: doesn’t feel right :lol:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

We have one car too, J works in the city centre so commutes by train. Its more of a hassle at the weekend really, as he uses the car to go and see his kids so it means I don't have the car on a Saturday. I just need to be organised though, and plan stuff that doesn't involve driving.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Were you in the first class lounge WJ? Airport lounges get twitchy if you are too early for your flight as well.

After yesterdays mammoth day I am taking it easy today and WFH. I only actually need to do 3 hours to finish the week so that’s good. I have to go out and vote and the polling place is by the nice tea room so I think I’ll nip in there for something tasty for lunch.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

There’s no first class lounge at Bath. This was just me trying to enter through the ticket barriers, with a valid ticket for a train in 51 minutes.:lol:

Please do Pov, anybody should!
Princess Morripov

:)) I have complied!
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Just one car here, too but The Journalist can't drive.