Weekend Wonderings for Wendy

Princess Morripov

Weekend Wonderings for Wendy

Post by Princess Morripov »

:))

Right, we all (mostly) have a LONG WEEKEND coming in, what plans does everyone have?

I am very excited as it's my best friend's Hen Party in Ibiza, there's 6 of us going for 4 days of chilling out, sunsets and tapas. And hopefully no gropes off Wayne Lineker :mog:

The taxi is picking us up at 4.30am tomorrow, so I'm pretending to work but overpacking as I have 22kg that I'm not partially sharing with anyone that I live with, which feels like enormous luxury :lol:

What plans does everyone else have please?
Wiggle

Re: Weekend Wonderings for Wendy

Post by Wiggle »

I don't have a long weekend, instead I have a long week :frolic:

We are off to Keswick on Saturday, the forecast isn't looking great but as long as get some walking done and some good food eaten then I'll be happy.

Pov, have fun in Ibiza!
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I'm going to Spain for the weekend too Pov :perky: But to Asturias where ther forecast is as bad as it is here, with added couple of degrees for extra hair frizz :lol: Ah well, a change is as good as a rest etc.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Weather depending, we might go swimming Sat morning, then in the evening a friend's group is playing at the inauguration of the new local guingette (a temporary café bar set up on the riverside for the warmer months, with music / dancing entertainment). The forecast is not great though, and there'll be no shelter.

Not a long weekend here, but no complaints as yesterday and next Wednesday are both BHs.

I've never been to any of the Spanish islands :(
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Princess Morripov wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:40 am :))
And hopefully no gropes off Wayne Lineker :mog:
My cousin was there last year and she's got loads of photos of her being groped by him. urgh.

I have no children this weekend! They're off to their Dad's for Betty's birthday (with him) and he actually might be doing stuff with them this year which will make a difference from the last few years of no gifts etc.

I'm desperately trying to finish a baby blanket so I'll do that Friday night, out for lunch on Saturday then seeing A on Sunday. Neither of us have to rush off Monday morning so we can get up a bit later. As the kids come back Sunday night I'm unsure if they'll want a day out somewhere on Monday or if they want to sit in their pants on devices. If it's the latter then A and I will go somewhere nice.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

:mrgreen:

We're in London for the weekend. P is taking Elvis on the London Eye as she's the only one who's never been (and we're too far away for her to do a school day trip like Sproglette did from Watford!). I'm taking Sproglette to Camden Market as she's never been there (but her sister went 18 months ago).

That's Saturday. So as I'm in London today, I've taken tomorrow off rather than go back and forth. I have no real plans but will go looking for a knitting needle as I've broken one on the commute in. :ella: I'll also go to the gym.

On Sunday, me and the girls have free tickets to Grand Designs Live and my MIL is going to come too, public transport allowing. That won't be until the afternoon as I've promised Sproglette a lie in. I'll go for a run while she sleeps!

Monday is plan free and there's no rush to get back.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We have nothing much planned tomorrow, I suspect the pub will feature as we need to put up the latest quiz leaderboard.
Saturday morning is Parkrun then heading to Birmingham for a gig. We’re staying over but sadly will have to be out early on Sunday as A has a football match in the afternoon (Bath away at what always feels like the coldest part of the world due to the wind).

Not sure what we’re doing on Monday. There’s an old fashioned fete or something in Mells (someone mentioned axe throwing) and the pub’s doing cream teas.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

No plans here, but there is some kind of medieval fighting going at the Bishop's Palace in Wells so I may drag The Child there just to get out of the house.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We’ve got a Rugby 7s weekend that C and I are splitting the parenting duties at. So on Saturday I’m hanging out with Chunk and Sunday being rugby mum.

No idea about Monday yet.

Enjoy Ibiza, Pov!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ooh I am jealous of Ibiza, although less so a hen do.

I've got the day off on Monday but J doesn't so I've booked myself a pedicure in town. I'll take some clothes back too when I'm there. The car is being MOTd that day which is handy as I don't need to work around the working day.

Saturday I'm getting my eyebrows laminated for the first time so I'm slightly nervous about that. Sunday is the usual housework and roast dinner although no Sunday blues due to BH :perky:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Oh enjoy Ibiza Poe, that sounds like a winning weekend. I am meeting a friend in Cristal Palace on Saturday for a Muddy Puppy/Dog charity walk. Sunday have tickets for post-modern jukebox at the Palladium. Monday will be in Paddington/Little Venice for the Canal Cavalcade.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

In fairness, we are all elderly and really good friends, so it's really a girls trip with a hen party branding to make it fly with the partners being left with 45666 children this bank holiday :lol: It's been easier to organise this, than it was the proper Hen party a few weeks ago, which had some classique nobhead/hen drama.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I'd love a weekend away in Ibiza.

Apart from a bike ride on Friday evening, I don't think we have any plans. We did have garden plans if the weather was going to be OK but it looks like it will be wet all weekend.

So I think we will just play it by ear and not do an awful lot.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Sadly no Athens this weekend

Just the usual work Saturday morning cinema Saturday afternoon to see The Fall Guy and Sunday nothing planned probably a gym session as the gym is closed on Monday
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk