Friday of anticipation!

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Friday of anticipation!

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

A lovely* long weekend lies ahead of us.

I’ve stripped the bed and I’m folding towels and then I’m going to head out to meet a friend for canal side grilled cheese toasties and cake.

*can’t guarantee the weather, but can you ever?
Ella77

Re: Friday of anticipation!

Post by Ella77 »

Pip, how’s the new tumble dryer? Are your towels fluffy?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve just been remarking how they feel even softer than they did with the old one. :l: And it’s so exciting how the dryer knows what the washer has just been up to.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

GOOD MORNING! :perky:

I woke at my usual time but am saving the gym for later so I’ve pottered on the internet, tried reading a book club selection, had a fake bacon sarnie with a cup of tea and then a little snooze.
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

Morning Pip, Ella et al.

Currently bucketing down with rain here which is unfortunate as I need to go to the supermarket as I have no food.

This weekend I am mainly anticipating the F1, which is finally on at a reasonable hour for the first weekend in ages :))

Have good days one and all!
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Pip, that is so cool that the washing machine and tumble dryer "talk" to each other.

Just another full day of work and trying to wrap things before my holiday next week.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I'm in work but looking forward to the long weekend. I've argued with folk already and I'm procrastinating about stuff that needs to be done!

After work, we are having fancy burgers for dinner.

It's sunny today but I think the forecast is for rain.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

WFH for me and I have a very full day :(. So looking forward to the weekend. Will be eating from the freezer tonight as no time for supermarket or recipe thinking today.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Morning. I'm on a train to my mum's. I've just had Brompton chat on the train. Man stopped, admired then told me all about his new one (electric). He then spoilt it by saying "Don't tell my wife how much it cost" :ella:

He was a mamil and I am a...
Malan
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

That's.... quite an outfit Marth.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! It's grey and miserable here and I'm half-watching election results while doing the monthly Ocado order. This afternon will be mostly motor racing (Sky are doing proper coverage of the women's races this weekend).
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Morning!

I may need a fluffy towel in a bit. Currently sitting in my car in a huge thunderstorm. B has the results of his allergy testing, but we’re super early for the appointment. I have coffee and internet, so all is not lost.

I could probably use Marth’s outfit for getting out of the car!
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I hope you all have a lovely, long weekend, whatever the weather.

Arlo woke me at 5 wanting to go out, then I struggled to get back to sleep for a while. I must have eventually dozed off as the next thing I knew, it was 09:45! My day has therefore passed very quickly so far ! I have done my online admin, walked the dog and done an online workout . I'm about to shower, then I might make curry, plum and ginger jam and if I have enough lemons, lemon curd. I've never made lemon curd before.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Topcat wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:40 am That's.... quite an outfit Marth.
They are a home made City Culotte worn with a navy sock (for tucking purposes)
Malan
Marth

Post by Marth »

I made lemon curd at school and then we made a lemon meringue pie :love:
Malan
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’m made lemon curd once and there wasn’t enough jars.

I have done a lot of walking and mooching and finally got to the gym. I left about 1130. :lol:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Happy Bank Holiday, Turtles.

I have no idea what Marth is talking about :))

I am in the Lakes, enjoying what's left of my time to myself. M is due back this evening. My friends broke their journey from Scotland to the Midlands by stopping here for lunch, but left a while ago.

J and C are coming over tomorrow, which will be lovely. They have just had an offer accepted on a house, and are excited, so I think they'll want to talk about that :love:. The station house one fell through, and they were disappointed, so I'm hoping this one comes off. Their offer was conditional on it coming off the market, but you never know till it's all over, do you?

Does anyone know if oats are good for ducks? I've got a bag of organic ones that have lots of husks left on them, and I got sick of being unable to just eat my overnight oats without fishing them out. I've been rationalising the food cupboards and emptied their container to make room for properly milled ones and wondered if the ducks would eat them? They're not very interested in food at this time of year though - it's mating season.
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:31 am
After work, we are having fancy burgers for dinner.
I don’t know what a fancy burger consists of but I’m imagining it with a top hat and monocle :))

Marth - I read a headline in Vogue or something this morning that culottes are making a comeback so you’re a total fashionista!
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

They should be Morgs as long as there's no sugar.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Afternoon all,

I don’t I fully understand your train interaction there, Marth. I am also WFH today. I went to the gym this morning and managed to pull my calf muscle in the middle of a class, I felt it pop : I am quite pissed off about that because I’ll
have to rest it and of course a long weekend is the perfect time to catch up at the gym :lg: I consoled myself but buying nice bread, cheese and fizzy wine that will be consumed throughout the day/evening

Not much else to report. I’ve got loads of work and life admin to do, and I need to make a plan for my birthday next week.