Majorca

Tsu

Majorca

Post by Tsu »

After having to cancel our holiday because I was in hospital, we're hoping to do a week in the sun flying from Exeter. The choices aren't many but we can fly to Majorca with TUI.
I've never been so am finding the choice a bit varied. Has anyone been.
We aren't bothered about pools or all inclusive but we'd like a few bars and restaurants and a bit of life but want to avoid the hen night brigade if possible.
We're taking our golf clubs so access to a gold course would be useful.
I'm looking at a couple of apartments in Playa de Palma which look alright but I don't want to book blind if I can get some opinions beforehand. TY.
sally maclennane

Re: Majorca

Post by sally maclennane »

I went to Palma for my 40th birthday and really liked it, it had plenty of bars and restaurants, although I have no idea about golf courses. I'd happily go back.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Glint

Post by Glint »

We have been to Playa a couple of times (Iberostar Cristina) and liked it, but haven’t been since Easter 2018 and had small child so can’t really say too much about how it is now and what the golf courses are like. Plenty of bars and restaurants along the beach and a short transfer to the airport.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I love Majorca and Palma is brilliant.
Beena

Post by Beena »

I agree that Palma is lovely and lots going on, though I haven't been for a few years. I have vague recollections of finding myself in a pop-up art exhibition at 1 am after being at a rock festival on the beach. And if you need to get out, you can get the train up to Soller, or we hired a car for a couple of day to mooch around the island.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Soller and Deia and valdemossa are beautiful.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Thanks all.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We went to Port de Pollença a couple of years ago and it was lovely. But we were on an AI and didn’t really do much other than walk into the town in the afternoon/evening and then stroll back.

Stephanie Yeboah has done a Mallorca travel guide on Instagram that might help.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Have booked self catering in Palma Nova. Really need some sun on my back.