Sandwich Sunday

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Sandwich Sunday

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good morning!

Today is the filling in the Bank Holiday Sandwich. :perky:

I’m mentally preparing for a day of hanging about at a rugby tournament. I’ve packed a bag of drinks, and alerted Squeak to my intention to get a McDonald’s breakfast en route. Getting dressed is the next objective.

Hope it’s as nice a day for you as it is here!
Kleio

Re: Sandwich Sunday

Post by Kleio »

I do love a McDonald’s breakfast. I can’t have the bun obviously so I have two hash browns with the sausage, egg and cheese between them.

I hope the rain stays off for you Pip.

I’m about to go and wish my BIL a happy birthday and give him some Ferraro rochers (sp?) as he’s impossible to buy for. I’ll go shopping then this afternoon I’m off to see A. We’ll go for dinner and watch Clarkson’s Farm
Disco

Post by Disco »

Morning Pipsicle!

That sounds like a busy day! Will you McMuffin?

Lovely sunshine here too. I should mow the lawn - not sure I will. I should unpack and clean my friend's festering tent - not sure I will. I should go out and buy wine and butter - I will. I should go to my friend's for a sunny Snuday roast and drinks - I will.

In the meantime I will drink tea and guilt myself into doing one of the things I don't feel like doing.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Hello Sunday people.

I've just had a roll with black pudding and potato scone, it was lush. I'm taking my mum to get her Covid vaccine (spring booster) later this morning. J has to go into work for a few hours while I am out with my mum.

It's so nice not to have work tomorrow :perky:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

GOOD MORNING! :perky:

I managed a lie in after a rubbish sleep the night before. I’m just heading to the gym now before plans are firmed up for the day.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think I will McMuffin and have meal because I actually really like their coffee, but sacrifice the hash brown to Squeak.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Morning! Pip, that's is a sacrifice, I do love hash browns.

It's a grey start here in the Lakes but we have an awesome view and have had great fun just chatting while weather watching. Today's plans include a wander around the shops and a pub lunch.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Morning! I don't like hashbrowns but you are a good mum to sacrifice this sunny Sunday to rugby.

I have been to the tip, cleaned the coffee machine, hung a load of laundry outside and dealt with a flat tyre.

I'm now making a late breakfast before heading to town. I might wear my Sezane dress because it's finally warm enough :perky:
Last edited by emma_p on Sun May 05, 2024 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

No Pip, just buy an extra hash brown ! Breakfast is the only meal I like from there and it’s a few years since I had one , but the hash brown is the best bit!

Arlo had a sleepover at eldest’s last night, which means OH didn’t have to get up early to walk him, so I didn’t get a cuppa in bed. I actually took him one up .

I’m in the garden with coffee and toast and my Murdle book. My toast has the lemon curd on that I made myself and it’s very tangy .
Beena

Post by Beena »

Morning! It's raining here and we have no plans. I'm happy mooching, but J can't compute a lack of schedule and there's a disturbing level of clattering going on in the kitchen. Hopefully the rain will stop soon and I can kick him out to play in the garden.

I don't think I've ever had a McDonald's breakfast.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! It's a lovely day here, and I took my breakfast outside until the incessant lawn-mower/pressure washier noise drove me back inside.

My plan for today is to potter about a bit this morning, do some sewing this afternoon and then F1 in the evening.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

It is very sunny here.I am just pottering about. Had an immense bowl of fruit with yoghurt and lots of coffee for breakfast. Going to Palladium this evening to see post modern jukebox.
Last edited by Annabella on Sun May 05, 2024 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I bought extra hash browns for Squeak too and let her have them all. Because I’m the world’s best mum.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We’re home from glorious sunshine in Birmingham to drizzle in Somerset. A has a football match this afternoon. Sadly back to a standard playing field after the excitement of Thursday evening’s match in the Badgers Hill Theatre of Dreams (Frome Town FC).
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hello.

I massively, massively overdid it on a Zoom call last night. That Thatcher's Katy is a cruel, cruel mistress.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Afternoon all,

I am having a very dull, antsy sort of day. The nice morning inspired me to get washing on the line and consider going out, but since it’s clouded over and threatening rain I’ve gone off the idea. I should be doing boring life admin stuff really but also, or planking something to do for my birthday but am not inspired to do either. So I’m doing nowt.

At the very least I should decide something to have for dinner and go out before the shops shut, but also totally uninspired about that! :shrug: where is my willpower?
Jet

Post by Jet »

Kleio wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:44 am I do love a McDonald’s breakfast. I can’t have the bun obviously so I have two hash browns with the sausage, egg and cheese between them.
I think I'd like to do this even though I don't need to :lol: We always get hashbrown all around regardless of what else we're getting.

I have walked to the shop because the kids used all the milk before we'd got up. Most of the house is unwell except L - I have a cold that I got from S and yesterday and today S and Mr J also seem to have some other bug. I thought I might have been on the mend but then felt worse yesterday and today, which is disappointing.

I have agreed to play minecraft with L which I may come to regret - he's very excited. I don't have much else planned today except I fixed a large outdoor terracotta planter kintsugi style (in that I didn't actually use gold - it got broken when we were taking a tree down and a branch fell on it) and need to figure out what plants to put in it.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I don't really get the hash brown love. They are all right, but nothing more.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

We’ve been to Grand Designs Live and are now cramping my FIL’s style/costing him a fortune in Taytos.

I saw a lovely arbour thingy and picked up some kitchen brochures. Sproglette enjoyed the talk by a couple of interior designers, which was the main reason we went.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Hash browns are in the top 5 ways of preparing potatoes. Delicious.

I like Squeak’s message on the back of her legs- how was the tournament?

I went back to Brussels for the weekend and it was just lovely. Went to a couple of old favourite restaurants, shopping, saw Bill Bailey live last night and two lunches with old friends. Unexpected highlight was my going to an exhibition of surrealist art- Dalí, Magritte, Picasso- which was just beautiful and thought provoking.