Bonus Bank Free Monday

Bat Macdui

Bonus Bank Free Monday

Post by Bat Macdui »

Morning! Happy Bank Holiday if you're having one. :)) May it be bright and sunny, or at least dry and mild. I am working up to attacking the garden, as my friend has stood me up for a sick child. Then I might potter off to the nature reserve that does the good cake, so I can look at baby ducks.
isambard

Re: Bonus Bank Free Monday

Post by isambard »

Good morning! No bank holiday today in France, our bank holiday is on Wednesday. I don't work on Mondays usually anyway, though, and I was out until very late last night (wee small hours of this morning tbh) so I'm thankful I have a quiet day today. I have an online appointment at 3 and a yoga class at 6. I should do my tax return and some paper filing and some drum practice also as I'll have the time to do it all today.

Enjoy the cake and baby ducks, Bats.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I am watching F1 highlights on Channel 4 as I was out last night so did not see it live. Have managed not to see results reported anywhere so far!
Drinking coffee now and will have boiled eggs in a few minutes. Will do some freelance work in the afternoon and then a pilates class early evening. I think I will deserve wine later too :)
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Enjoy your days, Bats and Isam.

I've dropped the car off to be MOTd, and I'm on a train on my way into town. I've got a pedicure booked at 11.30 so I'll go and get some breakfast first. I also have some clothes to return and a parcel to pick up. Its grey and rainy here so perfect weather for a pedicure :ella:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

Morning. I’ve been bank free already this weekend since HSBC online banking has been down :lg:

Anyway, I’m nursing a small hangover after watching an excellent Miami Grand Prix last night but nothing some coffee won’t sort out I expect. It’s raining here so a day of cleaning and pottering lined up.

Hope everyone has a brilliant day whatever you’re doing.
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! It's a lovely day here and there's something happening at the football club down the road so there is the usual parking problems on the street. My cleaner has decided not to work today so I will need to run the vacuum around later!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good morning!

I have been treated to a viewing of Squeak’s bruises this morning, and also a bacon & fried egg cob.

We’re off to test drive a Tesla. I’m not entirely chill about the idea, partly because of Musk being a knob and partly because of the horrendous grating noise they make when reversing that sets me on edge. Three immediate neighbours own them too. :bite:

My parents are coming later and I plan to make stuff from Greekish.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Morning!

We’re heading home today, though I’ve no idea when. My youngest declared ‘oh I forgot you were here’ so you can see why I sometimes leave them to it rather than be a spare part all weekend! I’ve been to the gym, which is the main way to amuse myself so now it’s just a waiting game. :lol:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Oh what's on the menu Pip?

I was planning to meet a friend for a catch up but neither of us fancied heading out in the rain so we have rescheduled coffee this afternoon to a glass of wine outside Thurs evening. Hope the weather is as good as the forecast suggests!

Since I'm now plan free I'm going to do some baking.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Afternoon. We are enjoying another rain free day and round two of painting fences. We also have the table and chairs to do along with the front of the cabins.

I may do some baking later but I also will need to walk to help ease my poor back.

Satay curry for dinner will also help :yes:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

wendy james wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:47 am My youngest declared ‘oh I forgot you were here’
:lol:

Happy Bank Monday for you lucky ones!

No holiday here, so I'm at my desk bright and early. My brother came over to watch the Miami F1 with Mr5 yesterday and their favorite driver won. It was the best race I've seen in years and for the last few laps, we were all practically holding our breath.

Today is the only day we have no football, baseball nor lacrosse game to go to, so a quiet night ahead.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Afternoon! The bloke is working from the back room and I was going go to pack for France at the weekend but inexplicably went back to bed and have been dosing for hours.

I'm going to have some porridge.
Malan
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Ooh, where are you going, Madame Marth?
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I woke at 5, then dozed off until 9;45 ish .

I popped to B&M to buy some sunscreen / toothpaste / paracetamol etc for youngest. He has been so hard to buy presents for since he was about 7, but as he is going to Greece this week he’s made it easy ! As well as the bits and bobs we have got him some Euros . I’ve e also discovered he is only going to Athens for a couple of days , not a week and most of his holiday is in Faliraki. He’s only ever been abroad with us .So it will be an eye opener .

We are going for a bank holiday drive , my mum is with us so I’m in the back of the car with the dog , getting nicely covered in dog hair.
Last edited by TracyA on Mon May 06, 2024 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I'm off but had forgotten about a meeting I had today, which I'm now dialled into. It's glorious up here today.

I'd be equally unsure about Tesla.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

emma_p wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:28 pm Oh what's on the menu Pip?
Spatchcock chicken with flatbreads, lemon, feta & oregano roast potatoes, and Cretan Mess (but with nectarines because I couldn’t find apricots). I might also pop to Aldi for rosé wine. I bought the M&S Lucio white that you recommended!

Sadly, I think C prefers the Tesla to the Audi option, so I think that’s what we’re going for. We’ll just have to try to divorce the idea of Musk from the car in our minds.
isambard

Post by isambard »

That sounds delightful, Pip! :yummeh:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

ParisGal wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:08 pm Ooh, where are you going, Madame Marth?
Salut!

We are not sure yet. We only know we will stay in St Malo the first night, potter to Carnac at some point and will head to San Sebastian for a few nights. Apart from that we have two weeks, a newly packed campervan and no plans.
Malan
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

That sounds amazing, Marth! I’m well jel.

It’s been a crap wet miserable day here, which suits my current mood ☔️ :bore: I haven’t left the house again as a result, but I forced myself to crack on and do two job applications :bruce: which has basically taken all day. And has stopped me obsessing over property. I also heard back about possibly auditioning for a Quite Good choir, so have made arrangements to go to a taster session later this week :fc: I had better do some practice before then!

I have got the day off tomorrow as it’s my birthday but I have no plans. I just refuse to work that day. I could use a facial but am overwhelmed by choice and lack of recommendations so haven’t booked anything. I may just do my default solo day of gallery/cinema/nice food. At least the weather is supposed to be better tomorrow!
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Epp :love2: Absolutely correct to not work on that day. I always take mine off too, even if I just potter at home and drink some fizz :))