Navel piercing problems

Lily
Picker-Lily

Navel piercing problems

Post by Lily »

In January last year I caught my piercing during yoga and obviously pissed it off as it went red and sore. So I took it out to let it recover and since then when I've tried putting it in it's reacted and got sore every time. I'm probbably a bit old for a bellybutton piercing - and could do with flattening my tummy again a bit! - but I like it and want to keep it. any suggestions please?
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Kleio

Re: Navel piercing problems

Post by Kleio »

Have you been cleaning it with saline? What is the jewellery have you tried to put back in?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I've cleaned the jewellery (plastic and stainless steel) with saline - should I clean the piercing too? I thought it would be clean because, well, I every day.

I could get it re-pierced but it would look a bit weird.

Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Generally it's best not to take out a piercing if it gets irritated, which is a bit counter intuitive. I would try going to a piercer and getting something super non-reactive like titanium until it calms down.

And yes, if it gets irritated you should use saline to clean it. Try not to use too much soap because it will irritate it more
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I only put mine in when I go on holiday, (I have two navel piercings) - I usually put them in a few days before and they always do get a bit irritated but I ride it out and then they calm down. I can’t use any cheap jewellery though as I definitely react to that. I tried putting plastic bendy ones in when I was pregnant and that was a no.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I don't know about navel piercings but I used this when I had a new ear piercing a few years ago and it was very good, maybe use something like this if saline isn't helping?

https://www.claires.com/ear-piercing-ra ... lang=en_GB
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Thanks all
I drove around trying to find a piercing place but they all seem to open for about 3 hours during the day. Even bloody Claire's closed earlier than the website said they would so I missed them and that's another complaint to fire off... Anyway I eventually found what appears to be a very professional outfit who won't do anything without an examination and appointment so I'm booked in tomorrow morning.

Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

All so much better! Professional person sorted me out with a titanium thing and a professional stretch *ahem*. It feels great to have my piercing back and also not to have a very painful belly button. Now just to sort out the stomach! Thank you all for your help.