So it’s Wednesday now, right?

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

So it’s Wednesday now, right?

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Love a bank holiday week for the days all feeling weird. I made it weirder for myself by going to an exercise class location I normally visit on a Thursday last night. Who knows for sure what day it might be?

Today I will be continuing to seethe about a piece of work I did that should have been credited with authorship and I only got an acknowledgment. Which is at least a bump up from something else I did for the same person and I got no sodding mention at all. :lg: I am going to channel this righteous indignation into a PowerPoint presentation.
sally maclennane

Re: So it’s Wednesday now, right?

Post by sally maclennane »

Morning Pip, how annoying :verm:

I'm in work, I felt a bit crap when I got up this morning like I was getting a cold but I feel OK now. I need to find a chemist later that has Oestrogen gel as the one I tried last night didn't have it, so that will be fun.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Morning Pip, I am fuming on your behalf.

An email from a colleague has pissed me off and I have been overcome by CBA so will do the work I need to do then sort out my own accounts, do some shredding and will clean out the cabin.

It's a bit overcast but warm(ish) outside which may also be affecting my mood :doom:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

GOOD MORNING! :perky:

We have moved to a new timesheet system this week, which is going as well as all software migrations do. :lol: One of my live projects hasn't migrated properly, my recently launched project didn't make it across at all and one of the directors keeps requesting people attend meetings about it, when we've all had training, have guides to refer to and there's weekly drop in sessions to attend. All of which mean I've successfully updated/added the projects so NO PANIC and definitely NO MEETINGS.

Sproglette's friend came to collect her despite being on crutches after injuring herself at rugby this weekend. Which I realised (supported by a bit of noseying on on FB) was the same weekend event that Squeak was at, Pip! They'd be in different age groups but small world. :mrgreen:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Oh wow! So many girls got injured at the weekend, we were on high alert the whole time. The ground was really hard. I hope Sproglette’s friend is OK. It was a nice event otherwise & I enjoyed the vegan pizza.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning. Can you do anything about not being properly credited, Pip, or is seething the only answer?

I am waiting for the Plum van from Ocado and then I need to try to find/buy some things for P's and J's birthdays (Saturday and Monday respectively).
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Well, as I was ranting, one of the culprits got in touch to ask for my help again, so I can very quickly ensure it doesn’t happen this time. It would be hard to ask for credit on already published stuff because what I do is very relationship focussed and I don’t see how it could be done without conflict, but I’m thinking about it. It all feeds into my prof doc topic anyway!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It really brightened up here as I walked in. Feeling a bit guilty about telling Liv it wasn't really warm enough for shorts!

Plum van is a good one. My favourite is fig van though. I am always disappointed by cabbage van :lol:

I'm so happy it's Wednesday already!
isambard

Post by isambard »

Hello everyone. Gosh, I'm tired today. I'm not sleeping as much as I normally do these nights and I feel it today. I am at drum rehearsal but can't concentrate. I'm even pondering a third coffee. Today is the Bank Holiday in France (not Monday) so I'm not at work which, as Pip mentioned, can make a week feel weirder.

Hope you get credit in the next paper, Pip. What's CBA, bramblerose?
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I hope you get credit this time around. I'm in the type of job where credit rarely gets given which infuriates me no end and I have no real idea how to tackle it.

CBA - Can't Be Arsed

Everything's annoying me today but at least it's not raining and I think I'll have a baked spud with tuna mayo for lunch. I've been asked to present to an industry conference so I've not been sleeping and haven't written the presentation yet. How do you make a subject last 40 mins?
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m also writing a presentation and wondering the same thing. I’m going to ask questions of the audience I think.

We’ve just had an email saying Squeak is invited to trial for the England Rugby player development group Centre of Excellence! This was the big thing we’ve been working towards.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Brilliant!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

That's fantastic, Pip! She (and all of you) must be thrilled!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Amazing, she's done so well!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
rosy

Post by rosy »

You must be so proud of her!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Fantastic news, she’s on a roll, and proves hard work pays off.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Pip that's absolutely brilliant you must be bursting with pride
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Oh my gosh, huge congrats to her! That is amazing.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

C is absolutely beside himself and giddy with pride. Given we weren’t sure if she’d even play again this time last year, it’s immense.

Anyway, sorry sorry sorry. I will definitely stop now.

On more mundane topics, an alarm has been going off for ages and has literally just stopped. The relief!
Teasel

Post by Teasel »

That's brilliant Pip! Shout from the rooftops worthy.