Thursday

wendy james

Thursday

Post by wendy james »

GOOD MORNING!

I’m just pulling into Paddington where I’m meeting a colleague. I need another coffee but will put on my perky face for our next train. :lol:
sally maclennane

Re: Thursday

Post by sally maclennane »

Morning Wendy, good luck with faking it :)) I hope you get some coffee soon.

I've got a dentist appointment this morning at an awkward time so I'm working at home then going to the dentist. After that, I'm going to head office for a meeting. I have a massage after work which is good timing as my neck is sore.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
isambard

Post by isambard »

Good morning all. That next coffee will taste delicious, we ja, and good luck at the dentist's, sal.

I didn't sleep last night as I knew I had to leave my apartment at 6 for a flight. I'm on board now but the flight is slightly delayed. I've had two coffees and hope that will keep me going today but I do hope I'll sleep tonight. Although, as usual, I forgot to pack my pyjamas. :ella:
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Morning all. Hope the dentist goes ok Sal.

I had to take Mr C to the airport at 3am, I managed to get another hour of sleep after returning but I feel quite tired. Am expecting our (arsehole) builder who is allegedly fitting the new front door today - we ordered and paid for it in November and he’s failed to turn up on a number of occasions since then, including yesterday when suddenly his side-kick was unavailable so I am highly skeptical whether he’ll bother to show up today. It’s the last bit of work we need him to do and then we never have to see him again so please keep your fingers crossed that he turns up :fc:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Morning. You are the Queen of Perk, wendy :frolic:

Hope the dentist goes well sal and fingers crossed for your builder chicky.

I am home alone today so will have to make my own brews and lunch! C is usually in charge of the daytime catering :lol:

I have quite a bit of the system generated stuff to do and it's my Friday so I need to make sure the list is cleared.

I sorted my accounts yesterday and am just waiting for my interest statement from the bank then I can send everything off to the accountant.

I may get chance to do the shredding I didn't get done yesterday - my life is so exciting :lol:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I really hope he turns up Chicky and that WeJa gets her coffee.

I’ve met a friend for breakfast and now I’m gutting the living room as I can’t look at the doom piles any longer. Of course this means I’m probably just going to move the doom piles elsewhere but it’s still progress.

This afternoon I’ve got Betty at the hospital at 4:10 and Cube at the dentist at 4:50 so I’m not sure how I’m going to do that. Cube hasn’t spoken to me since Friday other to hurl abuse at me so that’s going to be fun too. He might not even turn up.

I’m joining the no sleep parade. I was awake until 2 and then woke up at 5 and couldn’t get back to sleep.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Afternoon!

I've been to Matlock for French class (there was cake!) and this afternoon I should sew some pyjamas and cut out a frock, but it's so lovely outside that I don't really want to be inside with the sewing machine.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Coffee is life. :spoon:

I'm tired today too, and I feel kind of hungover even though I had nothing to drink last night. I did eat a tonne of chips with hummus though, so that might be the culprit? Stupid salt.

I hope your builder shows up, Chicky.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

He’s here :frolic: now I just hope he can finish off what needs to be done.

Hope your child wrangling goes ok Kleio. Sorry to hear Cube is playing up again.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Hurrah, Chicky! Your builder sounds like the useless plumber we had last year, he took months to complete a relatively minor job and then was a total prick when I took a few days to pay him.

I've had a frustrating day so far, the dentist kept me waiting for half an hour, making me late for my meeting. They didn't even apologise :verm: It takes ages to get an appointment (they texted me in February to say I was due a check up, and today was the first appointment they had available!) I'm seriously considering moving to another practice but I suspect I'll have to go private.

I also have a sore throat so I suspect I'm getting a cold :ella: I have a stye in my eye, and an annoying spot on the bridge of my nose, just where my glasses sit so they keep hitting off it.
Last edited by sally maclennane on Thu May 09, 2024 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Little My wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:58 pm Coffee is life. :spoon:
Absolutely. I had my first iced latte of the year earlier today and it was :chefskiss:

It's beautiful here and I'm wearing my new skirt. Sadly Liv is not co-ordinating with her dress as she has tennis after school.

Hurrah, Chicky :perky: S just texted me saying our carpenter can come back at the weekend to finish our stairs but I kind of don't want him to. I've only just got rid of all the dust from when we did the floors! :cry:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I've never known a dentist or other healthcare provider apologise for keeping *me* waiting. So annoying, and I feel for you sally!

I am flagging SO MUCH. Aside from game face from 0730 with colleagues, I then led a client meeting for 2 hours with minimal input from others (two of whom were note taking but the other two could have spoken up more too). My train home isn't until 7pm so I was planning to go to the gym but a nap might be preferable. :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Afternoon!

I am in my new dress with bare legs and sandals today. My lottery winnings just got paid and I’m thinking about spending half on perfume.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Little My wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:58 pm Coffee is life. :spoon:
Agree and I've not yet purchased my new coffeemaker due to the tornadoes. I feel like I'm half asleep and just want to lay on the couch and research coffee machines instead of attacking the 128 work emails that came in yesterday.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Our builder is a knob. We paid for the door in November then he was meant to come on 2nd Jan to install it and finish off the last few bits of the kitchen (started in 2021) and ever since then it has been one excuse after another. Bad back, don’t have a van that can fit the door in, called to another job, didn’t realise it was a bank holiday… you name it. We will not be asking him back any time soon which is a shame as he’s been our builder for about 15 years but he’s got more and more unreliable.

It’s so sunny outside today. As soon as the builders are done I am heading for the sunbed.
isambard

Post by isambard »

That's a shame, chicky.

A dermatologist kept me waiting for an hour in December, sal, and that was me paying for him! Like your dentist, no apology. It's very frustrating.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It's so lovely still but I'm running around tidying up and making a cake as I rashly invited my colleagues over for cheese and wine in the garden. I kind of forgot I'd be at work all day and have kids to make dinner for :lol:
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

The internet has been bad today, but finally got the photos off my whatsapp (photos sent to me, I didn't take them)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rosy

Post by rosy »

:panic:
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

That is absolute fucking quality, Five!