Roe v Wade

Ella77

Re: Roe v Wade

Post by Ella77 »

I was telling my husband about that as he has family there, and he was all wide-eyed shock. It makes me so angry how he feels he can just opt into this information as it suits, when it’s the air the rest of us* breathe.

* women
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Edith Bacon wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:19 pm The ectopic thing is crazy because the pregnancy isn’t viable even if left alone. All that will happen is that the mother will possibly (probably?) die too.
Well, that doesn't matter, does it? She's only a vessel.

It's horrendous.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

That poor woman. Women are literally being sacrificed in the name of religion and the fucking patriarchy.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:42 pm I have read anti abortion tweets claiming that ectopic pregnancies can be moved into the correct place. Clearly absolute nonsense but I bet a significant number will believe it.
Apparently there was one textbook once that claimed that. Probably one that also stated we used to hunt dinosaurs.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

That fucking country.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

How many miscarrying women will be interviewed by the police?
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

The potential for malicious abuse of the system is terrifying.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It's a really dark day for women.

I love so much about America but this is just horrendous.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I watched a report on this on C4 news tonight. Following it was a report on the earthquake in Afghanistan - re women not allowed medical treatment because the medics were men. My husband said maybe the the Taliban are now the government of USA re women's rights. He knows me so well
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I am appalled.

It feels like we’re living in a nightmare just now.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

People are fighting back.

A lot of companies in the US are offering paid travel expenses for any of their staff (or their spouses) plus a person for support to a state that offers abortion if one is needed.

Cynically, that’s probably better for business than maternal leave/payments but it’s one in the eye to the force birthers.
George

Post by George »

I’m feel so helpless about the direction everything seems to be moving in. It seems inevitable that this will lead to a debate and campaign for a ban here. Men hate women so very much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Kleio wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:47 am People are fighting back.

A lot of companies in the US are offering paid travel expenses for any of their staff (or their spouses) plus a person for support to a state that offers abortion if one is needed.

Cynically, that’s probably better for business than maternal leave/payments but it’s one in the eye to the force birthers.
Yes, Dick’s ( :evil: ) Sporting Goods, amongst others will be providing support to their staff which is huge. I get Apple and Uber but Dick’s was a pleasant surprise.

It’s fucking hideous through.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

In my head Dick's Sporting Goods is Sports Direct so I was surprised by that too :george:

I told S that we can't plan a move back now.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I just saw this post on Instagram and it’s just heartbreaking and actually feels surreal that it’s actually happening. I hope those women can find a safe passage to another state. What they must be going through.
B4A76851-0729-4C55-BC17-69DAC4EF9CD1.jpeg
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

As usual, it'll be those with the resources who will still be able to get the support they need. I'm not blaming them obviously but I always remember my gran saying that in Ireland, as far back as the 50s, people with money and contacts could get a "D&C" - problem solved.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I shared some info and resources on social media for my state earlier and I have been ‘respectfully defriended’ by two people already. :bird:

One of whom posted this earlier.
6EBBAEBA-911B-4A72-8A62-F27C1519A1CD.jpeg
He’s a pro hunting, hard core Republican Christian so I can only imagine his stance on this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Luna

Post by Luna »

No loss Olive.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Yep, he's fine with differing views just so long as you don't have the audacity to speak up.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

olive wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:50 pm I shared some info and resources on social media for my state earlier and I have been ‘respectfully defriended’ by two people already. :bird:

One of whom posted this earlier.

6EBBAEBA-911B-4A72-8A62-F27C1519A1CD.jpeg

He’s a pro hunting, hard core Republican Christian so I can only imagine his stance on this.
Bloody hell, Olive. They truly walk among us.