Anger, bile, tears and tea

Dáire

Re: Anger, bile, tears and tea

Post by Dáire »

The parade is so sparse. There's twice as many police as flag-wavers and protesters (quiet ones holding signs) apparently outnumber Trump fans.

Countdown to impeachment. Gosh, I may place a bet.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Impeachment just won't happen. I mean, what might he get impeached for? There are too many many who want him there.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Death is the best we can hope for, although it seems wrong.
smalex

Post by smalex »

If you read the Guardian article daire linked to earlier it laid out a few ways he might get impeached.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Sorry, I didn't articulate myself well. I meant more that I just don't believe it will ever happen.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

And, anyway, being impeached doesn't automatically remove him from office.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

It's probably a long shot. What I don't think is a long shot is that he makes such a mockery of himself that he becomes ineffectual. I think his twitter rants and all the rest are going to wear quite thin quite quickly now he's President and not an insurgent campaign.
smalex

Post by smalex »

It's the only think I can concentrate on so as not to feel completely hopeless all the time.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Piers Morgan won the first US celeb Apprentice so has been well up Trumps arse for years.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ah!
Luce

Post by Luce »

I'm trying not to be so doom, I apologise. I'm quite frightened.

I just think this is so much bigger than Trump. Whether he's impeached or assassinated or resigns or is ineffectual etc - it just doesn't matter. He's only the puppet, I think. By the time any of that might happen, the damage will be done and people will have turned on each other.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I honestly don't think he'll be able to do all that much. If Obama couldn't manage an act that was beneficial to most people, how can Trump push through the crazy? I accept I may be incredibly naive.
smalex

Post by smalex »

The majority of people didn't want him. I keep trying to remind myself of that.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Pippedydeadeye wrote:I honestly don't think he'll be able to do all that much. If Obama couldn't manage an act that was beneficial to most people, how can Trump push through the crazy? I accept I may be incredibly naive.
Obama was blocked at every turn by the GOP. I've just read something that said that, by the time he was elected for his second term, the Republicans were making no secret of the fact that, if Obama was for something, their policy was to oppose it - regardless. They just wouldn't work with him. Now the Republicans control both houses, they hold all the cards, so - while they might moderate some of his wilder policies - Trump pretty much has 'carte blanche'.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Luce

Post by Luce »

Obama was blocked because he didn't control the Senate or the House though wasn't he? I've probably got that wrong. He's far too precious to the Republicans because he'll happily push their agenda in return for perceived power. It's Mike Pence I want to do away with.
Luce

Post by Luce »

smalex wrote:The majority of people didn't want him. I keep trying to remind myself of that.
Yes, this is so important, I always try and remember that. I'm just not sure it will do any good because the damage has been done BUT it means more people give a shit about others than don't and that is crucial.
smalex

Post by smalex »

And remember, so many republican senators etc thought Trump ridiculous. I dont beleive for a second they all suddenly think hes the second coming, but he won so they have had to fall into line and they also see an opportunity to pursue their agendas, but those agendas vary quite a lot to my understanding, and they'll also be keeping an eye on their reelection chances. And Trump is so volatile to work with. Look how many campaign teams he went through.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

smalex wrote:And remember, so many republican senators etc thought Trump ridiculous. I dont beleive for a second they all suddenly think hes the second coming, but he won so they have had to fall into line and they also see an opportunity to pursue their agendas, but those agendas vary quite a lot to my understanding, and they'll also be keeping an eye on their reelection chances. And Trump is so volatile to work with. Look how many campaign teams he went through.
There was an professor of politics on the radio this morning (American but works at a uni here) who said that he saw Trump like Jimmy Carter who apparently had a Democratic controlled senate but they blocked all his attempts to legislate, because he was so obtuse.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
smalex

Post by smalex »

Probably in reality it won't be as any one predicts. Like here, its hard to see how politics and political parties are going to pan out in the next 5-10yrs.
Pob

Post by Pob »

Twitter accounts being closed Websites deleted.

It has begun. :cry: