Anger, bile, tears and tea

lazzbo

Re: Anger, bile, tears and tea

Post by lazzbo »

I'm wildly optimistic compared to y'all. Inexplicable, I know. But I certainly don't think it doesn't matter if Biden wins.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Between the Presidential election, Brexit and Covid, I think I'm going to just ignore the world for the winter.
smalex

Post by smalex »

It might be the optimum time to temporarily fall into a coma.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

lazzbo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:44 pm I'm wildly optimistic compared to y'all. Inexplicable, I know. But I certainly don't think it doesn't matter if Biden wins.
I live in the South of the US. You can balance out my relentless negativity. :))

I want to ram every car I see with a Trump/ Pence/ MAGA/ All Lives Matter bumper sticker.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I'm not sure what it's like in the South, but up here in the North, many, if not most, liberals are not advertising their political choice because of fear that the Trump/Pense/MAGA/All lives matter bunch will actually get out their guns.

Mr5 has knocked down all Trump signs that he's seen on public property. :woteva:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Go Mr5. :lol:

None of our neighbours have yard signs thankfully and I think any republicans would actually be too embarrassed to have a Trump sign up.

Apparently a lot of HOAs have made people remove their yard signs because of vandalism. I haven’t actually seen even one Biden/ Harris sign locally even though I know plenty of people who will be voting for them.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:50 pm There is surely zero chance of a peaceful transfer of power.
That's pretty much what my dad has been saying for months. I was hoping he was just being dramatic.

I could just do with going for a nice walk and kicking over some Trump yard signs. :lol:
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Hope Hicks, who traveled on the Marine One helicopter and on Air Force One with Trump on Tuesday, has tested positive for Covid. She also traveled to a Minnesota rally on Wednesday and started to feel ill so quarantined about the plane on the way home.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

FiveO'Clock wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:19 am Hope Hicks, who traveled on the Marine One helicopter and on Air Force One with Trump on Tuesday, has tested positive for Covid. She also traveled to a Minnesota rally on Wednesday and started to feel ill so quarantined about the plane on the way home.
Who has now passed it on to Trump!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

:fc:
Starry

Post by Starry »

And Melania.

That audio of her doesn’t paint her in a good light.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

What audio? Melania or Hicks?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Melanie.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Interesting take on timings here. If we have the right info, it seems unlikely that Hope Hicks would have directly infected them both on Air Force One and they'd already test positive. There may be a common contact that infected all three, but this goes against WH claims of daily testing for everyone - there would likely be a cluster. Nothing conclusive here but just some interesting points (from a professor of biology).

https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/status ... 2827521025
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I had intended to have a lie in this morning, but when I heard the news, I was so excited I couldn't go back to sleep.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

:)) I had the best sleep I had in ages and then woke up to this, and a cat curled up with me. I just needed a cup of coffee in bed and there we'd have it, a perfect waking up.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I hope the rest of the day is as nice, Goat
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I love the comments on the new stories about Trump having covid. My favourite is ‘thoughts and prayers are with the virus’ or ‘finally something positive about Trump.’

Unfortunately he looks like he’s made of creosote and could withstand a nuclear bomb.
rosy

Post by rosy »

From being asymptomatic to displaying mild symptoms, things seem to be progressing. ISTR Boris started off with mild symptoms too.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I’ve got the best Covid, it’s a beautiful Covid, America makes the best Covid. #maga