Local Elections May 2

Ruby

Re: Local Elections May 2

Post by Ruby »

Starry wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:24 am We have local elections coming up here soo; it will be interesting to see how our version of Britain First do, since they’ve been singing from same hymn book. And ironically for the “take back our country” crowd, being adopted and backed by UK based groups congratulating them etc
I've been loosely following this and it's very depressing. The irony is off the charts.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ruby wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:13 pm
Starry wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:24 am We have local elections coming up here soo; it will be interesting to see how our version of Britain First do, since they’ve been singing from same hymn book. And ironically for the “take back our country” crowd, being adopted and backed by UK based groups congratulating them etc
I've been loosely following this and it's very depressing. The irony is off the charts.
I'm honestly delaying going to visit family in Ireland because of this (and other reasons). My mum has talked about it the last few times she's been there, about how some of my relatives there are complaining about immigrants and what they're getting for free. I can't bring myself to listen to shit like that, when my dad and all 4 of my grandparents were economic migrants at some point in their lives. And that's before I get to my many other relatives who have gone to Canada, USA, Australia as well as the UK.

My mum has said stuff like "the Irish went everywhere though, we were those folk in the past" and all she gets back is "but we were different, we worked hard" :ruby:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I didn't know that about Irish politics. Meh. Bloody fascists.

I genuinely can't believer the Tories are just out there peddling the same shite. Well, I can, but it's depressing, really. I am also narked a bout an autumn election in case they have it when I am on holiday, which would be cruelty. I might email Sunak. :))
Starry

Post by Starry »

It’s still a small vocal pack of idiots. They have yet to get a single candidate elected in either local or national elections. Most of them don’t even get enough votes to get their deposit back.

They’re mostly laughed at, especially the one who now fancies himself a “citizen journalist”, after deciding that storming crèches with rainbows in the window was a bad job.

Oh and everyone’s favourite MMA twat has been weighing in too. So that’s great.