Anger, bile, tears and tea

smalex

Re: Anger, bile, tears and tea

Post by smalex »

Basically I think the real shit is going down inside!
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

On the "can they be charged with sedition" side of things, I looked up exactly what was said.

Trump's words were "We’re gonna have somebody in there that should not be in there and our country will be destroyed. There’s weak Republicans. There’s so many weak Republicans… and I helped Mitch get elected. They’re pathetic Republicans. Mike Pence, I hope you’re gonna stand up. And if you’re not — I’m gonna be very disappointed in you, I’m telling you now.”

"And after this, we're going to walk down there, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down ... to the Capitol and we are going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women. And we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong."

Giuliani's speech demanded "trial by combat" and Don Jr tweeted "we're coming for you."

Let's watch them do nothing about it.
Starry

Post by Starry »

This is bonkers. That video message was insane. Why are they all just waking away without being arrested?
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

How is this anything other than a coup?

I’m worried about the people trapped in there with the terrorists and for the people in the neighbouring Area once the dark falls.

How much information is at jeopardy there? What can they get to?
rosy

Post by rosy »

The police let the terrorists in. They opened the barriers and let them pass.
https://twitter.com/grantstern/status/1 ... 30020?s=21
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

Apparently they intend to return and complete the vote (ABC news). "We cannot relent. I want the image of members standing on broken glass and discarded escapes hoods doing their constitutional duty of certifying the results. I want the country to see what these people did to our building.” (Olivia Beavers, quoting a representative, Congress reporter, who was there during the attack.)

Building has been cleared and is secure (Reuters.)
Last edited by Dáire on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I’m sure I read somewhere that 80% of the police voted for Trump.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

The woman who was shot at the Capitol has died.
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

Not over yet. Terrorists have stormed the gates at Governor Inslee's home in Washington and are at the home itself. There are said to be 10 law enforcement officials inside. Troopers have arrived outside and ordered them to disperse.

https://twitter.com/Shauna_Sowersby/sta ... 6616048642
https://twitter.com/SaraGentzler/status ... 9721042945

(freelance reporter, a WA state government reporter.)

The governor was tweeting just a few minutes ago, and state patrol say he's safe and not at home.
Luce

Post by Luce »

His Twitter has been locked for 12 hours and will remain that way until he deletes his tweets. So never. So now Twitter is gone, that is the end of him. Two weeks early is a nice surprise!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

He may be a Republican, but I like Ben Sasse.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’m watching Ben Sasse too, Hippy and Mr O has literally said the same thing.

Cory Booker went on a bit for my liking. :look:
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Starry wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:48 pm This is bonkers. That video message was insane. Why are they all just waking away without being arrested?
Because they are white and the majority of police officers are complicit.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Agreed. They let them in.

They took far too long to silence Trump’s Twitter account. Shows whose side Facebook has always been on (as if there were any doubt).
Margo

Post by Margo »

OMFG. I just woke up to the news. This has to be 25th amendment time, surely?

I think we all knew Trump was never ever going to go quietly but inciting riots and hatred? The man’s a bloody psychopath.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Dáire wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:18 am Not over yet. Terrorists have stormed the gates at Governor Inslee's home in Washington and are at the home itself. There are said to be 10 law enforcement officials inside. Troopers have arrived outside and ordered them to disperse.

https://twitter.com/Shauna_Sowersby/sta ... 6616048642
https://twitter.com/SaraGentzler/status ... 9721042945

(freelance reporter, a WA state government reporter.)

The governor was tweeting just a few minutes ago, and state patrol say he's safe and not at home.
This was worrying, and I suspect they were genuinely unprepared for an invasion attempt. All over now apparently. There were also reports of Trump seditionists amassing at other state legislatures, including in Boston and in Oregon (where apparently an effigy of their - female - governor was burned).

What a fucking day. The houses have reconvened and both voted to reject the objections to Arizona’s results, but have Senator backing for hearing debate on the Pennsylvania results, so have now moved into their respective chambers to debate. There’s a chance Wisconsin objections might also be passed for debate after this, if a Senator supports it. Potentially hours of debate still left in the Congress as that’s where most of the shouts rabid Trump supporters are.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Good Playbook Summary

If you have space to laugh at some black political 'wuh?' enjoy this bit:

"Concerns and condemnation from some unlikely quarters… Venezuela “expresses concern about the acts of violence taking place in Washington; condemns the political polarization in that country, and hopes that the people of the U.S. can find a new path to stability and social justice” … Turkey “invites all parties in U.S. to use moderation, common sense to overcome this domestic political crisis.”

Venezuela and Turkey. Top trolling.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Oh, looks like Congress has done it and confirmed the electoral votes and Biden’s win!
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

A US casting director has outed the moron in the buffalo horns as a would-be actor from Arizona.
buffalo berk.jpg

And someone has put this together. :lol:
buffalo berk's kit.jpg
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

:lol: It's all a bit surreal, isn't it?

Apparently, a cabinet meeting has had preliminary discussions about invoking the 25th. :fc: They're seriously worried about what Trump will do during his last days as President.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))