"May You Live In Interesting Times": Brexit 2019

Mountain Goat

Re: "May You Live In Interesting Times": Brexit 2019

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh, news just in of rumours that the EU are giving May a delay.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Who’s rumouring that? I haven’t seen it.

ETA Found it.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I haven't actually read it all, just a summary to it and the link.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rexit-date
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Mostly best just to sit and wait for the EU now. *picks up knitting*
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Moo is out from under his blanket, and is eating cheese and spooning with Darnell. Coping lessons from my cat.
smalex

Post by smalex »

James Gray (Wiltshire MP) who voted against TM's deal twice, but had changed his mind and was going to vote for it this time, on BBC Breakfast this morning saying that Brecow might have destroyed Brexit and 17million people will be furious with him this morning. How about just voting for it the first time?! The brass neck on these people. If they'd all supported it in December, or January, or in the actual votes in February and March, we'd be actually Brexit-ing next week, they'd have won, they'd have what they wanted, they'd have enacted 'the will of the people'. It makes me absolutely furious that people who voted against it twice believe they should have an infinite number of chances to change their mind.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Every time I feel like I've moved on from anger, pft, there it is again! :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

smalex wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:27 am James Gray (Wiltshire MP) who voted against TM's deal twice, but had changed his mind and was going to vote for it this time, on BBC Breakfast this morning saying that Brecow might have destroyed Brexit and 17million people will be furious with him this morning. How about just voting for it the first time?! The brass neck on these people. If they'd all supported it in December, or January, or in the actual votes in February and March, we'd be actually Brexit-ing next week, they'd have won, they'd have what they wanted, they'd have enacted 'the will of the people'. It makes me absolutely furious that people who voted against it twice believe they should have an infinite number of chances to change their mind.
...and now my fury levels are peaking again :lol: I bet he’s against a second referendum too.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'd put money on it.

This has cheered me up though
https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys

Farage's March for Brexit, down to about 60 people, from the dizzy heights of 100 at the beginning. :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve been trying to follow that but there’s not much coverage. Even the leave means leave twitter account is surprisingly quiet about it. Can’t imagine why :mog:
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

We're all stuck in the anger bit of the transition curve because there's no resolution. :lol: I did actually wonder the other day if anyone is doing a calculation of lost national revenue because people are watching BBC Parliament and furiously refreshing Ian Dunt's Twitter feed instead of working. :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My stress and fury levels have been somewhat reduced by watching a twitter video of someone trying to evict a koala from his car.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I saw him Smal, and every time he frothed about Brexit being cancelled, I shouted GOOD at the telly :lol:

The bloody nerve of these people, pissing about for months because they want something else (christ knows what, I doubt they even know themselves) and then huffing about not getting a chance to change their minds when it looks like this might be the best they can get. I wish the news readers would call then out on this, and ask them if they are keen on multiple voting wht they don't want a second referendum.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
smalex

Post by smalex »

I thought that too Sal! I was unloading the dishwasher in a temper so I might have missed it, but I didn't hear the presenter asking WTF he didn't just vote for it the first time? They give these people too much air time.
elena

Post by elena »

I can't really articulate how I feel about this game playing at other people's expense. What pathetic self-serving, egotistical, integrity by-passed cunts they are.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Hysteria is really setting in now. I just saw a local FB post asking which playgroups were on this morning and almost added a link to the HOC.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Led by donkeys on Facebook is keeping everyone up to date with the Farage debacle.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Topcat :bite:.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Topcat wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:38 am Led by donkeys on Facebook is keeping everyone up to date with the Farage debacle.
I will have a look.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:04 am My stress and fury levels have been somewhat reduced by watching a twitter video of someone trying to evict a koala from his car.
I watched that reporter hassling John Bercow in the street this morning and was left simply thinking I quite liked his stripy jumper. :))