smalex

Re: "May You Live In Interesting Times": Brexit 2019

Post by smalex »

No! Cerise :lol: I think she's ever so good. And always looks super glam*

* obvs vital
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I like Katya Adler, she always seems like a good sort (I could do without Laura Kuenssberg, she is far too soft on Johnson!)
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

My brother has a huge crush on KA. :mog: I'm so going to tell him you're her best mate.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Ruby wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:38 pm My brother has a huge crush on KA. :mog: I'm so going to tell him you're her best mate.
Like you told Owen Smith you’re my sister?
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

:lol: We look so alike.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Sorry for the thick question, but so many parties are planning to vote against the crooked "deal" that has been offered by Johnson; doesn't this mean a No Deal situation, which is arguably worse? (Please say no, with soothing reasons :teacher:.)

Honestly FUCK Leave voters, this is already beyond shit. Heard about the 20% VAT on goods imported from the EU over the value of £390? Hope nobody wants to buy a sofa (that isn't miraculously either made in the UK, or drop-shipped by MADE from the Far East with a really long timeline).
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I would have thought the Tory whip is in full force to make the most of their 80 seat majority. Even if all of Labour / Lib Dems / SNP / Caroline Lucas etc vote against it (which they won't), I think they'll still get it passed.

Fuck Leave voters indeed. We're now just between the devil and the deep blue sea.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Ella77 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:02 pm Sorry for the thick question, but so many parties are planning to vote against the crooked "deal" that has been offered by Johnson; doesn't this mean a No Deal situation, which is arguably worse? (Please say no, with soothing reasons :teacher:.)
I was saying this earlier, but when you add up the actual numbers of MPs actually planning to vote against the deal and they're very much in the minority. The deal will pass. This is just political posturing for the sake of it. Knobs.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Do we actually legally default drop out with No Deal if they don't pass it tomorrow?

I don't actually care and I don't think it will matter in a year (or a week, really) who voted which way in this vote. We are where we are. *hitches bosom, polishes front step*
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Bat Macdui wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:31 pm I don't actually care and I don't think it will matter in a year (or a week, really) who voted which way in this vote. We are where we are. *hitches bosom, polishes front step*
That's how I feel. It really doesn't matter who votes for what. This deal will pass and, if it doesn't, it will be No Deal which would be inarguably worse. The whole thing was lost last year. Any "opposing Brexit" stand that anyone takes now would be futile
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Ok, thanks. That makes sense.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I honestly thought we'd crash out. I suppose the shitty deal Johnson (or rather, Merkel) has secured is marginally better than that. Just.

Onwards into chaos regardless.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:41 pm I honestly thought we'd crash out. I suppose the shitty deal Johnson (or rather, Merkel) has secured is marginally better than that. Just.

Onwards into chaos regardless.
I did too. This is like someone shitting on your shoulder when you thought they were going to shit on your head. I mean, it's better but... ultimately it's still shit on your shoulder.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Ha! Quite.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I’ve been channelling Toppers and just saying “you won, get over it” to Leavers on Twitter who are suddenly realising that the sunlit uplands were always going to be a desolate smoking bomb crater.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It's the only pleasure we have left, watching those fucks suffer.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Have you seen this?
https://www.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAteMyF ... te_brexit/
He's apparently participated in a UKIP ad, so probably his real motivations weren't these magical new trade opportunities that EU members are banned from participating in, but rather no longer having immigrant workers to staff his eel nursery. At least he admits he made a mistake, rather than blaming it on Juncker/ Tusk / von der Leyen / Merkel / Macron being big meanies.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I have seen it. :)) I think he was just stupid and believed everything that UKIP told him.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Just cheered myself up before bed by reading this from A. Campbell from a week ago. He does at least warn you it’s a long read.

https://alastaircampbell.org/2020/12/th ... e-up-fast/