Brexit Party
No votes
Some other fucker
6%

Total votes: 89

Shoe

Re: Ho ho ho! Merry Election 2019?

Post by Shoe »

Rhodonite wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:46 pm SNP here. I don't know who I would vote for if I couldn't vote for them.
Exactly this.
indigo

Post by indigo »

I honestly don't know.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I've just done some research on my current constituency and they were predominately Labour until the election in 2005, when my current MP won. The past couple of elections he's had over 50% of the vote so I guess he's a pretty safe bet if there is another one. It was very tight leave/remain here but he's been very vocal that he will do what the majority wants.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I'm not sure. I have a safe Labour seat with a pro-Remain candidate who has voted the right way on everything to do with Brexit, including not even voting to trigger article 50. But I want to revoke, so I am thinking Lib Dem.

I am still outraged that the fact the referendum was shown to be won fraudulently has barely been discussed by any parties.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

nineseven wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:28 pm I'm not sure. I have a safe Labour seat with a pro-Remain candidate who has voted the right way on everything to do with Brexit, including not even voting to trigger article 50. But I want to revoke, so I am thinking Lib Dem.

I am still outraged that the fact the referendum was shown to be won fraudulently has barely been discussed by any parties.
Word for word.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

SNP here. In the grand scheme of things,it won't make much of a difference as we're still beholden to Westminster but they are by far the best option, and I would hope a strong SNP victory would push us closer to Indyref2 (sorry :look: )

I agree with Nine, and also the blatant fucking disregard for people who voted Remain, our "will" appears to count for nothing.
Last edited by sally maclennane on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

smalex wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:01 pm Chuka has announced which constituency he's going to stand in I think.

eta: Yes, City of London and Westminster constituency.
He's standing against Mark Field, the lovely MP who put his hands around the neck of the Greenpeace protester. So in the unlikely event anyone lives in the COL, please get that fucker out.
The Labour bod standing against him had to stand down as he was found to be a right dodgy wanker (I knew that about him already as he's in my CLP, and a rev as well!
Malan
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I can't bear that this is just another vote for/against Brexit.

I'm voting Labour because I want the Tories out.
Malan
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

sally maclennane wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:35 pm I would hope a strong SNP victory would push us closer to Indyref2 (sorry :look: )
Also sorry, but I feel the same.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I'm also in a very safe Labour seat, and my MP hasn't put a foot wrong in my eyes. The distant second party is the Tories, with Lib Dems well behind them, so I'd be afraid that a not-Labour vote would play to the Tory advantage (although really they have no chance). So I'll be voting Labour with a heavy heart and disappointed stare at Corbyn.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

nineseven wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:28 pm I'm not sure. I have a safe Labour seat with a pro-Remain candidate who has voted the right way on everything to do with Brexit, including not even voting to trigger article 50. But I want to revoke, so I am thinking Lib Dem.

I’m almost this but I don’t think my Labour MP is safe, he was a gain from the Cons in Teresa May’s GE. I don’t want to vote for Corbyn’s Labour but we need Labour MPs like mine, so, I’m a bit torn.
lorri_b

Post by lorri_b »

I’ll be voting Labour. It’s been hard to stand by them lately, but I do believe they are our best bet at getting rid of the Tories and prioritising things like workers rights post brexit (if it ever happens).

However I’m in a Tory safe seat so it won’t do much.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Lib Dem probably but green might be worth a shout. It’s rural Tory heartland so Labour wouldn’t stand a chance although trying to explain that to the hipster London refugees of Frome who have no concept of the wider constituency is an incredibly painful experience. Still, at least the boundary changes haven’t gone through and I don’t have the chance of JRM representing me.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:42 pm I'm also in a very safe Labour seat, and my MP hasn't put a foot wrong in my eyes. The distant second party is the Tories, with Lib Dems well behind them, so I'd be afraid that a not-Labour vote would play to the Tory advantage (although really they have no chance). So I'll be voting Labour with a heavy heart and disappointed stare at Corbyn.
I think you're right and it has to be Labour really. Ideally Corbyn would step aside for Starmer though.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes, exactly that. Chances of that stubborn bastard shifting are nil though. :lg:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

I'm voting Lib Dem. Historically a Tory safe seat but also Remain and our MP is a total ERG wannabe cocktwat from hell. Labour did better than expected in 2017 but that was because Corbyn basically lied about moving to a Remain stance.

Every other GE, and in locals and the EU elections, Labour has not had a look in and the Lib Dems have made recent gains.

There's some out of date tactical voting thing doing the rounds on Twitter suggesting to vote Labour in Esher & Walton which is the STUPIDEST thing ever. Like Raab's seat, Remain and full of wealthy City types, would EVER go for a fucking Corbyn/Lexit option. If anyone is going to unseat Rabid, it's the Lib Dems.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I will be voting Lib democratic (pretty much the same as always, then) though I live in a solidly Tory electorate. Maybe the mood of the borough has changed enough to unseat the incumbent? It did vote Remain in the referendum (and, annoyingly, the local MP is a very good local MP, he's always very visible and gets involved in local issues. But, you know, he's a Tory, so :no: )
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I'm probably voting Labour. My Labour MP is a decent bloke and Remain, even though the constituency is quite Brexity. The Tories aren't really a threat here unless something horrific happens. Having said all of this, I can think of a million reasons NOT to vote Labour - mostly related to anti-Semitism. I can't blame people for voting Lib Dem; I think there is a danger you could end up in another Nick Clegg situation, as I dislike Jo Swindon, so that is why I wouldn't vote for them
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

(I am also irrationally cross because they close my sons' school to use it as a polling station, and that is going to cause me annoying childcare issues :bite: :first world problems: :lol: )
Lola

Post by Lola »

Also Labour as I think it’s the only way to get rid of the Tories. Also, Corbyn can’t last much longer as leader, can he? Isn’t he nearly 70?