baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Re: Ho ho ho! Merry Election 2019?

Post by baargain »

Liz Truss is my MP. So it's all a bit pointless :lol:
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

It seems Best for Britain are/have been doing massive polling and also asking candidates what they stand for re Brexit to produce tactical voting recs for Remainers. They're not done yet, so suggestions lots of places not on there as of now (which is a good sign because I don't trust anything based on 2017 results)

https://getvoting.org/
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Thanks. Mine says I should vote Labour or Lib Dem, so I am none the wiser :lol:.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I eagerly clicked on that because I don't know how I'll vote but got:

"A pro-European candidate can win here if you vote for them. We're waiting to hear back from your candidates. Our recommendation is coming soon."

So not that helpful (yet). I don't think the Conservatives have announced who is standing instead of Justine Greening.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

I did say it was a work in progress. :))

However if it ends up telling me to vote Labour I will lose all faith in it. :verm:
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

It's told me to vote Labour, which I would probably do because the Bristol East labour MP is Kerry McCarthy and she's voted correctly in everything and she's been brilliant at local issues. She's been in for years and continues to do awesome things.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I would love to give Labour leadership a massive kicking but at the moment I feel like the priority is to stop Johnson. I'm not massively impressed by the Lib Dems either really. Can we have the SNP please? Could we merge the SNP with the Good Labours? Or just make everyone Independent, and then when they're elected, they can form some new groups and committees, like in the European Parliament or in Runaround with Mike Reid.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I was thinking about this much of the night. Voting Labour really doesn't sit well with me; I've said before how galling it is that a vote for my MP will be seen as a vote for Corbyn. But whether this election is about Brexit alone or another five years of the Tories, I would trust Kerry McCarthy to represent me more than an unknown Lib Dem on any issue. And the Tory candidate at the last two elections was Rees-Mogg's niece :woteva:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:15 am At the moment I feel like the priority is to stop Johnson.
I very much agree with this.

That site is saying it does not know yet, but it's been a straight choice between lib Dem and tory here for years!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Just to be clear, I don't just NOT want to vote Labour. It's totally about getting the Tories out. I think a vote for Labour here would be a mistake and a waste and the 2017 result is highly misleading.
Luce

Post by Luce »

That is also suggesting I vote Labour as the best chance to get a pro-European MP to stop Brexit...but I just can't see how giving my vote to my current Labour MP will help - I voted for him last time and it hasn't helped so far.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

There's also going to be a tactical voting thing on the site backed by Gine Miller apparently.

remainunited.org

NOT ON THERE YET. :george:

Lots of other analysis though of other results.
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

My tactical vote goes to Lib Dem, to oust the current Tory incumbent. However I have just checked to see whether this constituency voted leave or remain and it was leave. Almost exactly 52:48 🙄 So if they are still leave, I'm screwed.
Heartsick.blog
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

Vote Lib Dem to oust a Tory, but not on policy. They'll stab anyone and everyone in the back.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

That site is telling me to vote Labour. Which is probably what I would have done anyway.

But Lavery.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Lavery is full Corbnista, isn't he?
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Ruby wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:40 pm Lavery is full Corbnista, isn't he?
Yes, and has rested on his (NUM) laurels for ages. It (Wansbeck) is a strange constituency, with a lot of different (and sometimes conflicting) needs, and he is not at all good at reconciling them. I am not as confident as the site that he is as much of a shoe-in this time round, as his core supporters are from the ex-coal areas, and tend to be rabid Brexiteers. His recent change of mind is not popular with them, and they are the ones who support him over the pension and mortgage scandals that still dog his footsteps.

Oh, and Ronnie Cambell's (Blyth Valley) constituency is similar to the mining parts of Lavery's, but Cambell has 'stood firm' over Brexit and has now retired, or is going to (age 75 or so) with an air of martyrdom. So he is seen as a hero, and Lavery a villain by comparison.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Is anyone looking at the BBC election live feed?

This picture is on it and the caption says, 'a Halloween pumpkin without the brains'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Excellent. :lol:
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Perfect! :lol: