Prince Andrew?

Roma

Prince Andrew?

Post by Roma »

I’m just watching his interview and can’t make up my mind whether I believe him or not.

“I couldn’t sweat at the time” was quite dodgy, but other times he seems genuine fairly genuine...
Last edited by Roma on Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella77

Re: Prince Andrew?

Post by Ella77 »

I haven’t watched it and I’m sure he’s lying.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

The chubby fingers defence is laughable for whether he met her or not. I think he’s lying.
Last edited by Pippedydeadeye on Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I’m in agreement with Marina Hyde on this.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

He and his younger brother are the perfect examples of why, if we have a monarchy, it should stop at the monarch and the heir. The rest of them should bog off (except Princess Anne who I think plays her role without taking the piss.) I think there are a lot of ghosts in Andrew's cupboard.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Wow. What an astonishing and awful interview. Emily Maitlis crucified him.

What on earth were his advisers thinking.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I haven't seen it but I think he's dodgy as fuck on this. Not to mention fairly useless generally.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

My twitter feed is alight with people posting photos of him sweating and engaged in public displays of affection :lol:
Roma

Post by Roma »

Yes, I’m now also convinced he’s lying. Can’t believe he called Epstein’s behaviour “unbecoming “ near the end of the interview!
smalex

Post by smalex »

I've read some of the transcript. Staying with a sex offender for 4 days, during which you have a dinner party with him, in order to 'honourably' end your friendship is one of the actual most ludicrous excuses I've ever heard.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I can't watch it as I'll put something through my tv. He's a lying bastard.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Luna

Post by Luna »

I watched a clip and thought straight away he was lying. What does he actually do these days? Apart from poke Fergie.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I can't bear to watch it - horrible man. The poor Queen would be turning in her grave, if she were dead.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Such a good, decent, honourable man. How awful when your only crime is being just too darn goodly.
Malan
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I haven't watched it but totally believe he is sleazy as fuck anyway. You can tell by looking at him and all this nostalgia about him and Sarah in the papers is just to try and distract us. I imagine she's being paid, due to her well known financial problems.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Turtle Bean wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:40 am I haven't watched it but totally believe he is sleazy as fuck anyway. You can tell by looking at him and all this nostalgia about him and Sarah in the papers is just to try and distract us. I imagine she's being paid, due to her well known financial problems.
Epstein loaned her cash at one point.

I am also with Marina Hyde. He's vile. He's also so well oiled with privilege he can't even see how vile he is. He's not just sleazy, he's a child rapist and he didn't think someone being convicted of paedophilia was, you know, a reason not to associate with them. He's assuming his power and position will protect him, because it always has. The only grim pleasure to be had is thinking exactly *how* pissed off the Queen will be with him. Don't fancy Christmas at Sandringham this year. Harry and Megan are well out of it.

I presented Mum with a an analysis of the current risk to the monarchy yesterday morning and she threw me out for upsetting her. :)) I did say Britain doesn't make forelock tugging royalists anymore, but I'm not sure how right that is. I don't think we're good on raving republicans, but I do think if the constitutional role of the monarch was quietly dismantled by a Johnson Tory government for its own ends, there wouldn't be riots. My Mum: the Tory party would never do that. Me: Mum, this isn't the Tory party anymore, this is fascism. They threw Philip Hammond out.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

The Queen is protecting him though, isn’t she? She keeps wheeling him out as her plus-one.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Yes, but she's protecting the monarchy. I imagine this doesn't include being pleased with him in private.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

True.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Bat Macdui wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:51 am [He's assuming his power and position will protect him, because it always has.
I think this is spot on.

A friend flew with him in the whatevers. He said he was a knob. When asked what they should call him (his older brother and nephew are known as Wales) apparently Andrew said "you can call me your Highness". I said he must have been TIC but Mike was adamant he wasn't.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored