Prince Andrew?

kiwi

Re: Prince Andrew?

Post by kiwi »

Also Fergie touted herself around America, not Britain and was persona non grata in the Royal Family by then so couldn't do too much damage to Queenie.

I still haven't seen the full interview but saw the clip about him going to Woking (alledgedly.) The way he sneers about being in Woking as such a lower class thing for him to have been doing, as if only peasants and leapers would ever go there.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I mean, have you been to Woking, though :))?
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Better or worse than Leeds? :))
Luce

Post by Luce »

Bat Macdui wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:21 pm Better or worse than Leeds? :))
NOW THEN. Not that again, please!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

:lol:
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Was he sneering though? I dunno. It felt to me like he was just expressing that it was unusual for him to be in a branch of Pizza Express in which, it is, isn't it? I love Pizza Express but I think I'd probably do a double take if I saw a member of the royal family in there.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I don't think it matters because he's an entitled lying rapist prick.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

True.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Toast wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:47 pm Was he sneering though? I dunno. It felt to me like he was just expressing that it was unusual for him to be in a branch of Pizza Express in which, it is, isn't it? I love Pizza Express but I think I'd probably do a double take if I saw a member of the royal family in there.
Double sneer. Pizza Express! In Woking!!! Like, you know I can't be lying because you'd never expect me of all people to be there. Why not just say you were out with the children that night? Cock.

But smal is correct.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I was pleasantly surprised by woking. I did a walk there once with my walking group.
Malan
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I really want some dough balls now.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Anyone watching the Panorama programme?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I'm trying to catch up with the Name of the Rose so no but I am surprised the BBC are doing this; shouldn't it all go through the courts?

Pillock as Andrew is, as Liv says there is little evidence to say he is guilty of anything more being an unpleasant human being. Epstein and whoever else who was involved - including Andrew, if he was - should be being examined legally rather than trial by media. I don't think anyone will get justice otherwise, least of all the women involved.

We are having our Christmas work party in Woking next week! It will not however be at Pizza Express.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'll probably watch it tomorrow.

Is there little evidence?

Andrew felt he could defend himself in public, so I don't see why his accuser shouldn't have the opportunity to
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I'd say there is some evidence.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

It was mentioned earlier on the thread.

It doesn't appear to be about defending oneself; I don't really know what you'd call it. I didn't/won't see either of the programmes - which one was made first? Did Andrew find out she'd done a Panorama and think "shit I'd better record my own" or did she do hers in response to his?

Is any of this actually going to get anywhere now Epstein is dead? As in the people who 'procured' these girls for him - is there any evidence against them? Are they being charged?

smalex

Post by smalex »

sally maclennane wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:56 pm I'd say there is some evidence.
I'd agree.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Liv said
Livilla wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:14 am Having watched the interview now, I more or less agree with Bats, save for the bit that he may not have had sex with Virginia - some of her evidence is not consistent with his actual movements as shown in third party press coverage, for example, and some of it is highly unlikely to be true (her Dad reported that she told him that Prince Andrew took her to Buckingham Palace and introduced her tot he Queen for example, which seems....pretty improbable) but yeah - the arrogance! :no:
Re-reading that page reminds me that Tsu was going to tell us some stories in Members.... :poke:

Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Me too.

Lils, I'm not sure who responded to whom, but I guess tonight's was in response to the Newsnight one. I agree that as he chose to 'defend' himself on the tv, it can't now be claimed that his victims have to make their case in private. There are plenty of people who will believe anything he says, as (a) he is a man, and (b) he is Royal, so the women are at a massive disadvantage anyway. If they have a chance to make their case without interruption, and to speak directly to the media (ie without some Daily Mail hack interpreting what they say) then I don't blame them for taking it.

Sadly, I very much doubt that he will ever be found guilty of anything - there is no way he would ever be sent to jail, whatever he did. A forced 'retirement' from public life will be all we can expect, but I suppose it's better than nothing. It would be better still if he were exiled from his friends and family, and made to live on what he actually earned, but that won't happen either.

ETA - Yes, come on, Tsu! #Paxman
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I don't think they should have to be private at all, if he has gobbed off publicly. I just don't think any of this should be handled on a TV programme - he should have spoken to the courts/police/whatevers, not Newsnight, and I understand the lady wanting to give her side in the medium that he had access to. This all just feels like entertainment rather than any sort of investigation and that it isn't being handled with the gravity it deserves because it's trial by media on both sides.

Thinking about it if it was a Panorama aren't they made quite a few months in advance? So Andrew must have known it was coming and decided to wade in first.