Prince Andrew?

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Re: Prince Andrew?

Post by Marth »

sally maclennane wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:23 pm We should really just get rid of them all ;)
I totally think we should.
Malan
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I'm with sal. :yes: When we overhaul the constitution to make it fit for purpose, we can just remove the monarch's role and downgrade the lot of them. No more civil list, open the houses as museums. :yes:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I just cannot imagine being in a position where the worst thing that could possibly happen as a consequence for my terrible actions is that my mum is publicly in complete support of me, but tells me off behind closed doors.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Bat Macdui wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:45 pm I'm with sal. :yes: When we overhaul the constitution to make it fit for purpose, we can just remove the monarch's role and downgrade the lot of them. No more civil list, open the houses as museums. :yes:
I am 100% up for this too. Get rid of the lot of them.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

ParisGal wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:47 pm I just cannot imagine being in a position where the worst thing that could possibly happen as a consequence for my terrible actions is that my mum is publicly in complete support of me, but tells me off behind closed doors.
Agreed. Surely he must be hauled before the courts now?
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Disco wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:05 am I know! I rewound to see the look on her face again. :))
Yes! Me too!
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Lily wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:09 pm
ParisGal wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:47 pm I just cannot imagine being in a position where the worst thing that could possibly happen as a consequence for my terrible actions is that my mum is publicly in complete support of me, but tells me off behind closed doors.
Agreed. Surely he must be hauled before the courts now?
Probably not, as this is how this shit works if you're a rich, privileged white man.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Even in this new #metoo era, there must be some enormous pressure being applied to try and stop him ending up in court over this. There's all sorts of rich, famous, influential men with skin in the game when it comes to their involvement with Epstein isn't there, I think the whole thing is being clamped down furiously all over the place.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Which is how he managed to kill himself in one of the most secure places in the world. Allegedly...

They must be pretty sure that there isn’t any more incriminating photos/evidence mustn’t they. I don’t believe a word of it anyway. He’s dodgy as anything.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Andrew was definitely acting like a man with zero concern for this ending up in court. The arrogance of him thinking he'd have no problems going up against Maitlis. Absolutely mortifying.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Allegedly (tabloid reports) he thought it had gone really well. :look:

I'd like to wrong in my cynicism but a world that's already trying to rehabilitate Weinstein isn't one that's going to put HRH Price Andrew in a court room, nevermind jail.
Luna

Post by Luna »

The Queen is the only one left that I like. You can get rid of all the others. Maybe keep grumpy Anne.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I would keep the Queen, Anne and Harry. and maybe Zara Tindell.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Zara isn't on the payroll, is she?
Disco

Post by Disco »

Or am I just assuming that because she doesn't have a title/ isn't a princess?
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I have no issue with the current Queen and have more time for her now I've watched the Crown and am therefore a constitutional expert :))

The problem with a monarchy though is that it's just your luck, if they turn out to be a bad egg, we're stuck with them. At least with a president, you can vote them out.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
smalex

Post by smalex »

I don't mind keeping them but I think we should pay for the direct line of heirs and that's that. I think a lot will change (in terms of public tolerance) once the Queen is gone. I think there's a level of respect for her that just won't exist for the next generations and people who are indifferent or mildly against will swing more towards being republicans.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

That was what I said to my Mum. I can't see anyone getting agitated by 'let's downgrade Charles'. :)) That was when she told me to bugger off home because she never brought us up to be republicans. :))
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I agree. Once the Queen has gone it will be a very different story. I fucking hate Charles though, so I am a bit biased.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

smalex wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:27 pm I don't mind keeping them but I think we should pay for the direct line of heirs and that's that. I think a lot will change (in terms of public tolerance) once the Queen is gone. I think there's a level of respect for her that just won't exist for the next generations and people who are indifferent or mildly against will swing more towards being republicans.
I agree with this; the Queen is pretty special but the mood is shifting.

I am a Royalist but am not keen on all the hangers-on and I also don't think at all they should be immune from prosecution, etc., although wealth seems to help an awful lot with that regardless.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored