Labour Leadership : Reboot 2019

Bat Macdui

Re: Labour Leadership : Reboot 2019

Post by Bat Macdui »

In case you've missed this joyous little gem, the Corbyn-supporting members of the NEC staged a walkout. On a Zoom meeting. With the Guardian reporting this;

"The walkout did not go as smoothly as intended. One source described how Beckett* had given an angry speech ahead of the walkout but then spent an agonising minute attempting to find the button to leave the virtual meeting."

Guardian

*Howard, Unite, not Margaret.
smalex

Post by smalex »

:lol: Zoom is a bugger for that.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

:lol:
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I honestly don't understand why those fuckers don't just leave Labour. Stop with the tantalising proposition already.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Brilliant
Malan
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

God, the absolute irony of Corbynites claiming Starmer is promoting factionality after their years of telling dissenters to leave the party and calling them (us) Tories. 'Until our demands are met we won't even come to the table, but it's definitely Starmer who's splitting the party.' :ella:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Bat Macdui wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:28 pm In case you've missed this joyous little gem, the Corbyn-supporting members of the NEC staged a walkout. On a Zoom meeting. With the Guardian reporting this;

"The walkout did not go as smoothly as intended. One source described how Beckett* had given an angry speech ahead of the walkout but then spent an agonising minute attempting to find the button to leave the virtual meeting."

Guardian

*Howard, Unite, not Margaret.
This is beautiful. 😂
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Now that he's had a year as opposition leader, how do people think that Starmer has done?

I'm not particularly impressed #British. I know it's not been a typical year in any way, but Johnson has behaved so dreadfully and has left so many open goals that Labour should be riding high, not trailing 14 points behind.

I keep trying to cling to the hope that Keir is keeping his powder dry until the GE, but that is ages away, and we need change Now, not a possibility of it down the line. Depressingly, however, I can't think of anyone who is ready to take over as leader, and another coup would be horribly damaging anyway.

Can anyone reassure me? Are we doomed to become a banana republic with corruption as standard, or is there any glimmer of light at the end of what has been a depressingly long tunnel?
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I was talking about this to my friend who is a staunch Labour supporter. She thinks that there isn’t actually much Kier can do at the moment. The Tories are riding high in the polls, they can blame anything that has gone wrong on Covid and the vaccination roll out is a big feather in their caps. She thinks it will be a couple of years before anything can really be done so it’s best for Labour to keep their powder dry as you say. The Hartlepool by election is going to be a massive shit show for Labour though, that might wreak some change but I’m not sure it’ll actually improve anything. So I’m mostly full of doom, sorry :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'm relatively new to all this, so I don't have much of an opinion, but I do think these are extremely bizarre times. KS could be, like, God himself and it wouldn't be washing right now.

And Owen Jones spends literally half his time slagging KS off which makes me think he might not actually be doing that badly.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

The amount of energy that idiot Owen Jones puts into hating Keir is almost impressive.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

When he’s not talking to my sister’s ex housemate about becoming a father.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Do tell, Pippola!

For a man who has spent most of his life since 2016 telling Remainers that they've lost and to get over it, he doesn't seem willing to do the same about dear ole Corbyn.
smalex

Post by smalex »

RITE?!

I love it when Ian Dunt obliquely slags him off
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Only that, sister’s former housemate gathered a child or children with a lesbian couple and OJ was asking lots because apparently he thinks his genes should be out there, and it became a big Twitter thing.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

:)) I'm surprised he doesn't just want to clone himself.

I love Ian Dunt. His despair when he live tweets from the House of Commons gives me life.