Rebel Pebble

Re: Labour Leadership : Reboot 2019

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Shame his son is such a knob.

ETA: TOTP knob! :))
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Kinnock's 1985 Conference speech is doing the rounds on Twitter again. :))
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

^ Kinnock the elder, not Kinnock the knobber, obvs.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Which reminds me that Derek Hatton popped up on twitter attacking Burnham. And all I thought was "Jesus, Derek Hatton is still a thing?" :lol:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

He can't fucking apologise can he. Get him gone.
Malan
Marth

Post by Marth »

Brilliant. Kerry Anne Mendoza is the only lefty that would go on Radio 4 and is stating how disgusted she is at this witchhunt. Saying that JC has been "lynched". She is a complete fucking bonehead.
Malan
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Honestly. Corbyn could have walked it back. I read the report ( :skull: ) and it doesn't lay any personal blame. Starmer gave him an out but he just *had* to say that anti-Semitism had been "dramatically overstated for political reasons". He knew what he was doing.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Luciana Berger's response to the EHRC report

https://medium.com/@lucianaberger_76642 ... 391203d62e

An excerpt

My own experience was an unceasing catalogue of deeply disturbing incidents. I was subject to sustained levels of online and in person antisemitism from party members, including accusations of conspiracy, bad faith, general malevolence and dual loyalty. The volume and toxicity of this abuse was particularly bad during my last two years. For months Party HQ knew about a physical threat made against me by a party member but failed to inform either me or the police about it. A different party member was convicted of harassment towards me. I received hand delivered correspondence to my office signed off by supporters of Jeremy Corbyn that said I would have acid thrown on me and I would be stabbed and raped. I had to take extensive personal safety measures, limiting my freedom of movement. It was relentless.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Unite have publicly supported Corbyn. I might have to cancel my membership, which makes me sick as I've always been in a union and that's the only union at my work so it's them or nothing.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Ruby wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:04 pm I read the report ( :skull: ) and it doesn't lay any personal blame.
You really know how to spend a half term. :lol:

That Corbyn statement was totally deliberately inflammatory. Man's a cock. Massive cock. On similar note, can't someone give McCluskey a good dose of the rona. 2020 has to start looking up sometime. :lg:
Marth

Post by Marth »

purple_dress wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:14 am Unite have publicly supported Corbyn. I might have to cancel my membership, which makes me sick as I've always been in a union and that's the only union at my work so it's them or nothing.
McClusky really needs to go.

You can be a member of any union, even if it's not recognised at your workplace in an official agreement.

It sounds like Starmer called Corbyn and outlined what he was going to say in his statement, and then Corbyn went and said something deliberately inflammatory. He's trying to start a war. Putting factional infighting ahead of actually being in power. What a turd.
Malan
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Marth wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:42 am Putting factional infighting ahead of actually being in power. What a turd.
He's done that since he was put forward for the leadership position. He is a turd. A turd with a massive ego.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

purple_dress wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:14 am Unite have publicly supported Corbyn. I might have to cancel my membership, which makes me sick as I've always been in a union and that's the only union at my work so it's them or nothing.
Are you civil service, PD? I dont know why I think that so apologies if I'm wrong but if you are, you have the option of PCS or Unison. I'm in Unison and they're fine, and my brother is PCS and they seem to be decent.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I read somewhere once, 'there are people in the Labour Party for whom control of the Labour Party is the ultimate goal, and those for whom leading the country is the ultimate goal.' Corbyn is in the first camp. Fuck the country, validate me. :verm:
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Thanks. No, we don't count as civil service, although it is public sector. I was a member of PCS in my previous organisations and I preferred them.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

purple_dress wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:08 am Thanks. No, we don't count as civil service, although it is public sector. I was a member of PCS in my previous organisations and I preferred them.
I am the same, public sector but not civil service. We were historically part of local government which is why we have Unison so they may be worth checking out? I'd also contact PCS too just to get their take. I like Mark Serwotka, he seems like a good egg.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

He's Mr Ruth Serwotka, isn't he? :)) I'd join PCS just on that basis. :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m in Unison, and lots of public sector librarians suggested them to me when I was first looking for a union.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Playbook has a lot of stuff on this today if you like gossip. I like these bits in particular though.

"The so-called council of war Corbyn convened with allies, including former LOTO aides, shadow Cabinet members and representatives for Unite and Momentum, discussed how to harness the anger among pro-Corbyn members, a person familiar with the talks told Playbook.

The “council of war” appears not to be putting the willies up the new Labour leadership. One official said it was “incredibly depressing and inappropriate,” adding: “Why they can’t just say ‘sorry’ is beyond me.” One shadow minister, in response to the comrades’ plotting, texted Playbook a “Dad’s Army” gif."
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

:lol: