Does this seem weird to you?

Zoomer

Re: Does this seem weird to you?

Post by Zoomer »

Zoomer wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:44 pm There's bears, wolves, and lots of wild boar in the Pyrenees. I'll say no more.
Oh god, there's also vultures. Don't click if you're squeamish. It's not about this case.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Arrietty wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:05 pm The "body" is only one bone, though... Still odd. His flowery prose still makes him dodgy in my book.
Until is ruled as an accident I’m still going to think it’s him.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh wow, that is much faster than I thought it could happen. I guess it must be something of a relief that they did find something after all this time, as at least it answers what would otherwise be an endless question mark.

I also still think he’s dodgy even if not responsible, it takes a certain kind of narcissist to react to a situation like this in the way he has. I bet he’s been insufferable with her family, waxing poetic and presenting his ideal of her last few days/months while he has the stage to garner continued attention.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh, he's definitely weird anyway. I know its very problematic judging people at a horrific moment in their lives but, even so, there'll always be a typical spectrum of behaviour and he's quite far out of it.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

He definitely is. It’s very sad though, I hope they find the rest of the remains and can work out what happened to her for his sake as much as her family.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Arrietty wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:05 pm The "body" is only one bone, though... Still odd. His flowery prose still makes him dodgy in my book.
He’ll be even worse now. A tortured hero etc. 50p says he does kill his next girlfriend.
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

Have the police completely ruled out any chance he was up there? I thought between the phone records and him being seen in the village, he was in the clear. But they could still have their eye on him.

The site of the find is interesting. It's said to be 'close' to her last known spot, despite this neither being a difficult or remote area. Unlikely they missed the remains during the search. The bone was found alongside two animal bones, so suggests an animal bringing sources together - do animals do this? Carry two things? - but what are the chances it brings something back so close to her last known spot?
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Vultures could probably carry and drop bones. But you're right, it is a pretty big coincidence.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Kleio wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:22 pm
Until is ruled as an accident I’m still going to think it’s him.
Having read a thread on Tattle about it, I now agree with you.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Why, what did it say?
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Well, it was a 28-page thread, but to sum up, Esther wanted to leave yer man. They were on a break. He's a wrong 'un and definitely did it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I still think he did it. I have no real basis for this.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Zoomer wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:19 pm Well, it was a 28-page thread, but to sum up, Esther wanted to leave yer man. They were on a break. He's a wrong 'un and definitely did it.
I just found it and read it (well first and last pages :lol: )

I feel like he did too but surely the police would've scrutinised his movements
smalex

Post by smalex »

Thinking about it I think its probably more likely that their relationship was ending, maybe there was a row/she said she was taking a break, she went off, got in a genuine accident (which isn't any stretch of plausibility when alone, in mountains, in winter, in a lockdown so fewer people around) and he was slow to report it and has since been re-imagining their relationship in public out of guilt/fear he'd be implicated.

Driving several hours unnoticed to chuck her off a mountain seems less plausible.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Stop being so damned sensible Smal! :))
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:20 pm I still think he did it. I have no real basis for this.
Yeah.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Me too. Just too fucking weird for him not to be implicated somehow.
rosy

Post by rosy »

It’s the way he’s so obviously elsewhere - the house-sitting, the selfie, the WhatsApp conversation; it feels (to my amateur eyes) like a planned alibi. Maybe the actual crime took place at a different time. Or maybe someone else was involved.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I think its how hes painted their relationship when there's evidence to show they were splitting up.... and when Chicky knew him it wasn't all hearts and roses either, so it seems quite false.
mischief

Post by mischief »

Her boyfriend had found her body now. This just gets more and more suspicious