New World Order - Politics 2021

nineseven

Re: New World Order - Politics 2021

Post by nineseven »

You’d have hoped he’d have thought that about his wife before marrying her and having children with her :ella:
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

£15k salary for her apparently, for working up to 20 days a year. Mind you if being mauled is part of the jd I’d say it isn’t enough.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

lazzbo wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:11 pm Hancock and she are apparently setting up home together. I have no sympathy for either of them and think Hancock has been professionally appalling in addition to being personally repellent. She has stepped down from the role she was given because she was banging him. They deserve each other.
This, this, this. He's a personal and professional disgrace.

I reckon Johnson and Murdoch conspired nicely on the photos, after Cummings was nice enough to set him up as fall guy for the whole covid-tastrophe.

Teflon Boris rides again.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That sounds about right, Derek.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Is Javid in because Johnson’s too lazy to do a full cabinet reshuffle?
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I definitely would put money on the sun paying someone for the spy camera.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:42 pm Is Javid in because Johnson’s too lazy to do a full cabinet reshuffle?
Javid is a friend of Mrs Johnson.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

emma_p wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:56 pm
Texaco Shirley wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:42 pm Is Javid in because Johnson’s too lazy to do a full cabinet reshuffle?
Javid is a friend of Mrs Johnson.
Dear Dom has just tweeted about this!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Situation normal then.
smalex

Post by smalex »

God, his poor, poor wife and children. How do people sleep at night?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Morganna wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:05 pm
I feel sorry for his wife, and also for the other woman, who may very well have believed that it was love, and who has not lost her job as well as being publicly humiliated and possibly losing her own marriage. Apparently Hancock has told his wife he's leaving her.
Morgs :)) I really don't think she's that naive not innocent. That camera is positioned perfectly, right on a rather odd corner - almost as if the whole snog and grope was a set up. She hasn't lost her job.l; her husband and Hancock's family are the humiliated ones here. Let's have sympathy for those who are hurting through no fault of their own. My heart aches for them.

I wouldn't be too bothered to be honest, if he hadn't been SO sanctimonious about Prof Ferguson and all the time he was shagging someone else, doing exactly what he said Ferguson must be sacked for! That's the worst thing IMO. It's sickening. I have no pity for him because of that.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

emma_p wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:03 pm Maybe Hunt will come back. Or Javid?

The camera was apparently planted. Hancock had no idea there was a camera in his office. I saw my journo neighbour (the one who was hounded by anti-lockdown protesters going into no 10 the other day) at a school summer fair today. He is the best person to run into!
Is he alright? I felt so awful for the poor sod. He should just take a hockey stick and thwack them with it next time.

Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Lily wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:57 pm
Morganna wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:05 pm
I feel sorry for his wife, and also for the other woman, who may very well have believed that it was love, and who has not lost her job as well as being publicly humiliated and possibly losing her own marriage. Apparently Hancock has told his wife he's leaving her.
Morgs :)) I really don't think she's that naive not innocent. That camera is positioned perfectly, right on a rather odd corner - almost as if the whole snog and grope was a set up. She hasn't lost her job.l; her husband and Hancock's family are the humiliated ones here. Let's have sympathy for those who are hurting through no fault of their own. My heart aches for them.

I wouldn't be too bothered to be honest, if he hadn't been SO sanctimonious about Prof Ferguson and all the time he was shagging someone else, doing exactly what he said Ferguson must be sacked for! That's the worst thing IMO. It's sickening. I have no pity for him because of that.
I don’t have pity for him either.

Ordinarily, I don’t think that the private lives of public figures is anyone’s business but theirs, and I still feel that about the ‘domestic’ side of this debacle, which is not at all incompatible with having sympathy for the families of both of them. We don’t know what either marriage was like, or any other factors about their relationship, and I don’t think it’s our (ie the public’s) business to know.

Where it differs of course is in the fact that he was telling everyone else not to hug their granny or to be there when loved ones were dying, yet he was clearly ignoring his own rules. That, and the contracts he gave to her brother and other cronies, plus the fact that if they were at it at work he wasn’t concentrating on the job on which lives were depending. All of that, plus his utter incompetence at his job leads me to think he should be the subject of a public enquiry, with possible criminal charges, although there is zero chance of that happening, obviously.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I agree he should have been sacked for his gross incompetence and corruption, rather than for banging his aide behind his wife's back, but it is also quite indicative of his character. I don't feel sorry for either of them. The other woman knew his wife personally. Bleugh.
Apparently his wife didn't know anything about it until Friday, and now she's found out her husbands a cheat, been publicly humiliated by it, and he's walked out on his family. I can't even imagine.
Lola

Post by Lola »

The real story is breaking today. He was using gmail instead of the official govt email account. This was known by the press before the whole affair saga.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

He didn't print out a load of sensitive documents and leave them behind a bus stop to boot, did he?

Why did this all take so long to come out?

Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Because it didn't suit Murdoch (and Johnson) til now.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

They're all so vile.
rosy

Post by rosy »

There was a time when this sort of thing would have brought down a whole government, but now people just seem to shrug.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Jeremy Hunt was really good on Marr earlier. I kind of hate myself for saying so.