Sarah Everard

Turtle Bean

Sarah Everard

Post by Turtle Bean »

I'm a bit horrified by this case, both because there were reports of women being harassed and attacked in the area she disappeared and can't help feeling that they might have been taken more seriously but now a police officer has been arrested! I know there is still hope but at this stage it's pretty safe to assume they are looking for a body now, isn't it? The poor girl.
purple_dress

Re: Sarah Everard

Post by purple_dress »

It's awful. I can't stop reading about it. The roads they think she was walking along are all busy main roads as well.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I’m a bit horrified too. It’s also a bit odd that they’ve said they’ve arrested a police officer at this stage, plus a woman for assisting but have no body (yet). It’s awful. Plus of course there is the usual victim blaming about why she was walking alone at night by herself.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

It's so awful. That poor woman, and I can't bear to think what her family and friends are going though too.
smalex

Post by smalex »

It's definitely looking very grim. Poor woman.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

purple_dress wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:39 am It's awful. I can't stop reading about it. The roads they think she was walking along are all busy main roads as well.
They would be on a normal night pre-covid but now maybe less so.

It's awful. I was thinking about us reminiscing on here about night buses and merrily walking around London late at night in our 20s.
Sky

Post by Sky »

purple_dress wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:39 am It's awful. I can't stop reading about it. The roads they think she was walking along are all busy main roads as well.
That's the weirdest thing about it, that it's such a busy area and not like she'd wandered along a country path with no streetlights.
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smalex

Post by smalex »

There's nothing to say she's been taken by someone who opportunistically in a quiet street though, maybe she knew him/them?
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

smalex wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:03 am There's nothing to say she's been taken by someone who opportunistically in a quiet street though, maybe she knew him/them?
Or they were a figure of trust, ie a police officer.
Red

Post by Red »

Rebel Pebble wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:06 am
smalex wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:03 am There's nothing to say she's been taken by someone who opportunistically in a quiet street though, maybe she knew him/them?
I thought this. What if she got in his police car?
Just horrific.
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

It's such a dreadful case. As for the victim blaming, she was walking around at about 9.45pm at night, no? Who hasn't done that?! Idiots.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Rebel Pebble wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:06 am
Eugh, yeah.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I didn't know that they'd arrested someone! Poor girl and her family, it must be awful.

This is a bit of a tangent but I saw a thread last week on Twitter by a guy in Dublin who couldn't sleep and said he'd gone out for a walk at 2am. He had lots of great pictures of the city all closed up due to lockdown etc. So many women replied saying "I would NEVER feel I could do that" It was so telling!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

They haven't just arrested a police officer, they've also arrested a woman at the same address on suspicion of aiding the suspect. It bodes horribly.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

The block of flats near where she was last located is still cordoned off as well.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I haven't heard much about this until I saw something on Twitter with the usual :blah: "stay at home save lives". I need to catch up, but this poor woman has been in my thoughts. How can it not be safe to walk around not particularly late at night on your own? I frequently do this. :cry:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

This is so chilling. I keep thinking about it since I read the bbc article. It’s haunting.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

sally maclennane wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:09 am This is a bit of a tangent but I saw a thread last week on Twitter by a guy in Dublin who couldn't sleep and said he'd gone out for a walk at 2am. He had lots of great pictures of the city all closed up due to lockdown etc. So many women replied saying "I would NEVER feel I could do that" It was so telling!
It's so bloody depressing.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

It's so grim - an old friend of mine lives opposite the flats they've cordoned off and I used to live on a road leading off the South Circ about 10 mins towards Brixton - I would have thought nothing of walking along there at the same time of night and I know that road and area very well. My friend said it was an absolute media circus yesterday around the area they shut the A205 - more photographers than police.

They've said it was a complex case from the start, so I wonder if the man they have arrested is an ex-partner or something? That comment now makes sense if she was previously involved with a serving officer.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

It's really depressing people criticising her for choosing to walk. She probably wanted to avoid public transport and taxis due to Covid. And think how much worse the coverage would have been if she'd been wearing a skirt or dress. People are dicks.