PMQs

Glint

Re: PMQs

Post by Glint »

Pootle wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:27 pm I'll be interested to hear how his own MPs react. A fair few yesterday were saying he should go if he was there and he has now admitted he was. So will they say an apology is enough until the investigation or keep that up? I'd expect the former to be honest but the Scottish Tories and the newer red wall MPs might surprise me
Ol' Dougie has apparently written (or writing) his letter of no confidence. Scottish Labour drafted a letter for him to sign :lol:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Johnson couldn't even get Ross' name right before so I doubt he'll care about him demanding resignation :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I am not sure who wants to take the poisoned chalice from him right now - and not sure who would get a majority vote within the party, so he could still win any internal wrangling.
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

William Wragg, the deputy of the 1922 committee, has said he should go. 11 Scottish Tories are calling for him to go. The 1922 committee are meeting just now. One of the 2019 intake was saying that he'd been told if you put in a letter of no confidence, the government knew when actually only the head of the 1922 committee should know so the whips have been misleading the newcomers. Things have definitely not settled tonight but I'm not letting.myself get too excited yet.
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

Annabella wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:03 pm I am not sure who wants to take the poisoned chalice from him right now - and not sure who would get a majority vote within the party, so he could still win any internal wrangling.
That's a really interesting point. I think there would be a few to stand - Sunak, Truss, Zahawi, Gove, Hunt all spring to mind. What's interesting is that there's not someone on the extreme right as a possible candidate so who would that faction back?
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

The ERC would back anyone, as they have the power to veto or carry anything the PM does. Johnson was their means of getting rid of May, and of getting the Red Wall voters onside, but he could just as well be anyone, really. If he's lost the popular vote, they'll replace him with another puppet, and push through with their anti-democratic legislation. The whole thing is utterly depressing.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

So Boris has cancelled todays appointments because a family member has had a positive test. There’s a surprise. Lots of people are pointing out that you don’t have to isolate if you are a close contact but fully vaccinated and testing negative yourself.
sally maclennane

Well Chicky, he's just being responsible :shrug: I mean, he's well known for that.
Glint

Post by Glint »

I wonder if JVT decided he couldn't take any more if the government's shite and will start telling home truths.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Chicky wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:22 am So Boris has cancelled todays appointments because a family member has had a positive test. There’s a surprise. Lots of people are pointing out that you don’t have to isolate if you are a close contact but fully vaccinated and testing negative yourself.
How convenient!
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I’m somewhat surprised he didn’t pull that stunt yesterday to be honest :shrug:
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Glint wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:40 am I wonder if JVT decided he couldn't take any more if the government's shite and will start telling home truths.
Either that or he was at the party :look:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Another party at Downing St… the night before the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Is that breaking news, e_p?
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh my god.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

No wonder they were making no fucking sense at the time. Everyone was pissed and partying and not doing any actual work.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

This is one of the most overtly corrupt governments I have witnessed in my lifetime.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Epponnee Rae wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:17 pm Is that breaking news, e_p?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ned-death/
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Thanks emma. Wow. I’m a tiny bit disappointed BJ wasn’t actually there, but it’s of course on his watch.
sally maclennane

Bringing the Queen into it will surely turn a lot of Middle England against him?

As someone on Twitter said "people working at 10 Downing St during Covid partied harder than the Happy Mondays in the early 90s"
Last edited by sally maclennane on Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.