Morganna

PMQs

Post by Morganna »

Will be on in 10 mins or so.

Who's in?
Ella77

Re: PMQs

Post by Ella77 »

Johnson won't stand down, will he? They're all completely impervious to what we think.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Of course he won’t. He’ll try to ride this out. The only way he’ll go is through a vote of no confidence. There’ll need to be a leadership contest and they’ve clearly not sussed out who they want to replace him yet.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I have given up any expectation of politicians (well, 99% of them) doing the right thing, so I’m expecting Johnson to just bluster his way out of it.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

He certainly won't today - he'll do a non apology and say there is an investigation and that will be it. I'm a bit disappointed Keir Starmer is back - Angela Rayner would have gone much tougher, I bet. I hope he doesn't blow it. The High Court have also just ruled that the quick rule out of VIP PPE was unlawful so that's another blow for him. I've never seen so much excitement everywhere about a PMQs though :))
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

He is a fucking arsehole.

I also would have liked Angela Raynor to have a go at him.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
rosy

Post by rosy »

It is quite some defence to say that he didn’t realise that a BYOB invitation was a party.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

FFS! What is a working day like in Downing Street, if a garden party looks like the same thing? And that's at the best of times, never mind in a lockdown.
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

Exactly. Permanently drinking explains a lot. Interesting that RIshi has chosen not to be there today.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

He's trying very hard to sound remorseful :lol:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I like AR, but I think that Keir's cooler, more analytical approach will be better in this case.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Pootle wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:08 pm Exactly. Permanently drinking explains a lot. Interesting that RIshi has chosen not to be there today.
He's popped down to Devon :))
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

How can it possibly be necessary to wait for the results of an enquiry to find out if the man opposite you has been to a party? Why can't he just be asked, and let the photos which are sure to turn up when Cummings finds them down the back of the sofa prove he is lying?
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

He must be panicking about what else Cummings has too. He's leaking it out in drips and keeping adding to the pressure.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

What a classically limp non apology.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
rosy

Post by rosy »

He just doesn’t get it. He can apologise (for being caught) until the cows come home but he doesn’t see that an apology doesn’t undo the action or ease the betrayal that so many people feel.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Pootle wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:13 pm He must be panicking about what else Cummings has too. He's leaking it out in drips and keeping adding to the pressure.
Absolutely. If we weren't at a pass where democracy is at stake, this would be quite entertaining in its way.
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

I'll be interested to hear how his own MPs react. A fair few yesterday were saying he should go if he was there and he has now admitted he was. So will they say an apology is enough until the investigation or keep that up? I'd expect the former to be honest but the Scottish Tories and the newer red wall MPs might surprise me
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Just what is he expecting to see in this review?
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Wiggle wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:29 pm Just what is he expecting to see in this review?
He's buying time to get all photos deleted and make sure everyone has their stories straight. The Met have questions to answer too. Either they knew about this when they were arresting people for being on the beach with two other people, or they massively failed in their job to police Downing Street.