PMQs

Morganna

Re: PMQs

Post by Morganna »

Who was that (the one who said 'in the name of God, go')?
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

Davis Davis, ex Brexit secretary and leading Brexiteer. That's huge, he's a big name
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Thanks. I was looking at my knitting and when I looked up the camera had moved.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Pootle wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:48 pm Davis Davis, ex Brexit secretary and leading Brexiteer. That's huge, he's a big name
That was huge - J and I were in different parts of the house and both shouted at the same time :lol:

I’m a bit disappointed that he was back to his usual blustering denials today. He looked properly on the ropes in that interview yesterday.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Yes, I wonder what he's heard overnight. Something about the outcome of the inquiry?
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I read somewhere that he needed to be on his game today as the backbenchers took his performance at the interview yesterday badly and said it was very weak. So he had to come out fighting today. That said the enquiry is meant to be out on Friday and I’m fairly sure it will absolve him (he wouldn’t be so cocky about it otherwise).
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It will definitely absolve him. We don't even have the hope that it might not any more. At worst there will be a slight rap on the knuckle for something.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

He was just shouting manifesto pledges at one point and really feeling himself for it.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

He's not going anywhere. Sadly. He wanted to be leader at all costs, (esp at the cost of us now having Brexit) and he's not giving that up.
Malan
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

It won't be any inquiry that gets rid of him, it'll be Tory infighting and their eternal tendency to stab someone in the back as soon as they outlive their usefulness. And yes, we'll probably get someone just as bad but if he goes, I'll still enjoy his unceremonious fall from grace as he's a venal self serving cunt who deserves it
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It will be time for the glass cliff next, a.k.a. the only time a woman gets a look-in.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:26 pm It will be time for the glass cliff next, a.k.a. the only time a woman gets a look-in.
This.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I'm quite happy for Truss to make a tit of herself. Suits me just fine.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

He'll go between now and the next election. The sensible Tories don't want him out yet, there's no ready successor. So far. They'll want someone to take the reins a year or so before they go to the national polls again so they can claim new blood/new brush.

All that said, people do keep saying Hunt is limbering up for a go at "steady, interim." And Matt Hancock is cold water swimming in the Serpentine. (Not a euphemism).

I'm devastated work has got in the way of watching politics today. Though several people remarked that when this bid went in they'd be off the Co-op for a suitcase of wine. :))
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

ALTHOUGH. If they do this too soon and Johnson wins the ensuing vote of confidence and limps on he might still be there at the next GE. Which is obviously the best outcome if you want a change of governing party.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Bat Macdui wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:32 pm ALTHOUGH. If they do this too soon and Johnson wins the ensuing vote of confidence and limps on he might still be there at the next GE. Which is obviously the best outcome if you want a change of governing party.
I'm hoping for this. I want it to be very clear that they have the worst possible leader at the next election.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I really don’t want Rishi for PM.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Turtle Bean wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:14 pm
Bat Macdui wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:32 pm ALTHOUGH. If they do this too soon and Johnson wins the ensuing vote of confidence and limps on he might still be there at the next GE. Which is obviously the best outcome if you want a change of governing party.
I'm hoping for this. I want it to be very clear that they have the worst possible leader at the next election.
Yes to this.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Though with our endlessly pointless Labour Party, Johnson will probably romp home.
Malan
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Aww, their Party Political Broadcast after the local news was alright. :)) Bit earnest, bit twee, but saying the right things.