Sue Grey report

Topcat

Re: Sue Grey report

Post by Topcat »

I am surprised about the six to be honest, I thought they were all additional wings or buildings.

How the fuck he was never challenged even on that straightforward lie beggars belief.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Ella77 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:54 pm
speedy gonzalez wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:49 pm think they'd be okay under a privatised health care system.
Do they understand how expensive private healthcare would be if it were the only option? How they'd have to weigh up the risk of calling an ambulance against the bill for (just) the ambulance? It not like you'd pay £100 a month and everything would be free after that (although plenty of people still wouldn't be able to afford that.) Back of a napkin*, we're probably looking at £500-£600+ a month each, and there'd be large bills on top of that because not everything would be covered. These people are witless.

*Based on the American model. I know they don't compare directly yet, but my point is that it would be a LOT of money.
I’d bet it’s people who are generally pretty healthy and effectively betting that they’d be better off only paying for their own occasional treatment v supporting the NHS for serious treatments for all those other people.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I guess, but most of us are healthy enough until we're not, and ill health often coincides with an inability to work.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I think a lot of people are a bit deluded about private health care, like you say, they just see a monthly payment and think that will cover everything. Lots of Brisith people have no idea how much the NHS covers for them. I'm not saying it's without fault but many times you couldn't imagine the costs involved in treatment. My friend recently had a tumour removed from his leg, he was in surgery for 10 hours, and the surgery was performed by an orthopaedic surgeon and a plastic surgeon. Can you imagine the cost of their time alone? Never mind all the other staff (anaesthetist, theatre nurses, ICU nurses, ward nurses, physios).
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I had a super straightforward quick birth in the US. No drugs. The bill was around $30k. It was terrifying seeing the bill and not knowing how much our insurance would cover.