The Queen

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: The Queen

Post by Lily »

People, put your phones down. You'll only get crap pictures. Just live in the moment; you'll remember it a lot more clearly.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

According to the BBC, the last person from The Queue to see the Queen’s lying in state was doing so for the second time.

Queuing twice seems greedy and in poor taste, when so many people queued for so long and didn’t manage to see her even once.

“ Ms Heerey, who was viewing the lying-in-state for the second time, …”

Queen's funeral: I feel privileged, says final lying-in-state mourner https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62951092
Last edited by Edith Bacon on Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

That's what I was thinking. Must be so amazing to be there.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Why is there sand on some parts of the road?
Sky

Post by Sky »

I'm actually speechless at this parade. It's jawdropping, and that's not a phrase I use often.
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sky

Post by Sky »

Just the sounds alone.
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

To stop people slipping in case it rained perhaps?

Going around twice is performative and selfish Mrs Whoever You Are.

Sky

Post by Sky »

Dutchie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:40 pm Why is there sand on some parts of the road?
Their shoes are likely to be leather soles and they can get quite slippy, and I guess maybe it's in case it rained too?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Dutchie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:40 pm Why is there sand on some parts of the road?
We wondered the same thing and concluded that it’s to protect the wheels of the gun carriage where the road surface might have a hole or be a bit uneven.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

We theorised that the sand is to level off some of the surfaces - in some places it was right up to the top of kerbs, for example. All those people marching, they probably needed to eliminate as many trip hazards as possible.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I feel a bit sorry for any of the procession that are in the line of march where a horse has left its mark. They have to grit their teeth and march into the horse shit.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Why does the bell ring randomly? Is it at set intervals and do they signify anything?
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

H1ppychick wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:55 pm I feel a bit sorry for any of the procession that are in the line of march where a horse has left its mark. They have to grit their teeth and march into the horse shit.
I was just saying that. My ex used to spend DAYS bulling his shoes when he needed to wear his No1s. These will have done the same then marched through horse poo.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Kleio wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:02 pm
H1ppychick wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:55 pm I feel a bit sorry for any of the procession that are in the line of march where a horse has left its mark. They have to grit their teeth and march into the horse shit.
I was just saying that. My ex used to spend DAYS bulling his shoes when he needed to wear his No1s. These will have done the same then marched through horse poo.
I would have liked to see him walk through horse shit. :))
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Sky wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:55 pm Why does the bell ring randomly? Is it at set intervals and do they signify anything?
It's Big Ben and he chimes every minute in mourning. A gun fires at the same time.

Her staff :(

rosy

Post by rosy »

Charles looked just then as if he was going to faint. I know the “nation” wants all this pageantry in public but it must be so difficult to have to be on show for the cameras right now.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

They must be absolutely exhausted,poor sods.

Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I bet the pall bearers are relieved that’s over. The responsibility must be terrifying.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I guess that is also why we have the National Anthem that we do.

This is what it is for.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I like it; it's simple and dignified.

I can't believe we will never see her again.