Pro cycling 2019

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: Pro cycling 2019

Post by Kenickie »

A good day to pick, although to be fair there's been quite a few good days so far!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'll watch more of it live now Wimbledon's finished, although most days I have to go out at 3.15 to get W so I usually miss the crucial bit! As it was, my parent's just turned up so I missed the end today anyway :ella:. I'll watch the highlights later with S anyway.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

You should definitely leave W to fend for himself in favour of watching. ;) I'm annoyed that I took three days off work to watch it in peace at the end of next week and one of those is now filled with hospital stuff.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Wow, well done Simon! I'm kind of surprised that he was allowed to go for it but a great win.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I was totally not expecting that! I kind of want him to win now.

Looks like Adam's out of it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I'm also quite appalled that they felt it was OK to say at the end 'we're not going to mention La Course at all as the men's race was too exciting'.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Did they, Ken? That’s awful! I never keep the highlights on right to the end (as I have to cram it in over dinner usually).
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Yes! I mean, it was, but the women's race was good too! They put the three hours of the women's race up on itv player which is something but I think it sends a really bad message not to include it in the highlights at all. Plus they would have known for a long time that this was the set up so surely could have had an extra or extended highlights programme.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Yes, he's looking amazing! I'm a bit gutted for G and Yates and found Movistar quite unintentionally hilarious.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Alaphillipe seems impossibly good. I think he'll do it from here. Feel bad for Geraint but it is exciting seeing other teams and new riders. The French will be frothing at the mouth this year.
Movistar are always a bit confused but today took the biscuit. Although why anyone still mentions Quintana is beyond me, he's been uninspiring since. Well. Always.

Did anyone go slightly hysterical at the sky diver bringing in the yellow Jersey yesterday crashing into the barrier? I really laughed
smalex

Post by smalex »

They do keep saying its exceptional and superhuman and things and I never know if we're supposed to read into it or not.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

The parachute was brilliant.

I did have that thought about Alaphilipe but I'm just ignoring it and enjoying him as a good rider until we hear different.

Another fantastic day. I think it's so much better that it's more open this year.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I had the same thought, but surely it’s almost impossible to get away with these days?

I am liking the openness of the competition at the moment, and there’s part of me that would love to see a French winner, but then I keep thinking about how horrible the supporters and press have been to British riders over the years #alsoracist :look:

I don’t like Bardet either, Beatrix, but that’s because of how he looks more than anything :shallow:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Is Bardet a minger? I need to look him up. Pinot though :flirt:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oof. He is a bit.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

smalex wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:57 am Oof. He is a bit.
:lol: sorry, I was going to include a picture when I posted. Fair play to him though, being as good as he is with that physique!
smalex

Post by smalex »

Generally speaking they're all so skinny they're not that attractive. All bulging head veins and stick like arms. I was telling S how road racing is quite disappointing in that regard. He was delighted to know my thoughts on the matter, obvs :mog:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol: I think the road sprinters are a bit better as they're not so emaciated. To be fair, track cyclists aren't all that either as they have giant thighs and then fairly skinny upper bodies.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I'm not sure what I think about Rowe and Martin. It does seem a bit extreme to chuck them off, and I really felt for Luke standing outside the van nearly in tears, but then again, I can understand being zero tolerance on violence.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'd like to see what Rowe actually did, because the only footage last night was 100% Martin.

I dont know. It got heated, it got resolved without any harm on either side. To boot either of them seems very harsh