Plenty of Turtle

Kleio

Plenty of Turtle

Post by Kleio »

And here I was thinking the New Year would be better for dating :lol:

I was chatting to a man months and months ago. We met for some dates and he was nice then he did a runner after saying he was moving house and had issues with various people. He eventually came back on the scene and I ignored his attempts to get in touch. A few weeks later he tried again and I was a little tipsy so responded. After that we got chatting again and I realised that I did like spending time with him but didn't exact fancy him. So, we've arranged to meet and then he sends me a picture of a baby.

Turns out that his 'moving issues' were actually him becoming a Dad for the fourth time and he chose to make up an excuse rather than coming clean so I feel like I've been deceived.

Let's hope 2016 brings me and the rest of us some success in this dating lark.
Luna

Re: Plenty of Turtle

Post by Luna »

Urgh - men!

This reminds me of the time I got chatting to someone who sounded nice and we were getting on well and when I asked him about his living situation he just said he shared house with some other people. YES, your long term girlfriend and 3 children as it turned out. :ella:
Calico

Post by Calico »

What a lovely chap :woteva: That was part of my fear with the German when he refused to let me visit his house.

I've had most of my family asking if there's anybody on the scene while I've been up. As if you'd not have heard by now, folks, had I found somebody. Trust me, you'll know if it ever happens.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

How did he think you wouldn't find out Luna?
Luna

Post by Luna »

God knows. Idiot.

I hope 2016 brings some luck and that those who are looking find a nice normal person.
Last edited by Luna on Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Luna, this wonderful song was written about exactly your situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5tnQSGRnJc
Karkadan

Post by Karkadan »

Urgh. Here's hoping 2016 is the year of honest, decent men.
Offtopic

Post by Offtopic »

I'm joining in here. :) Its been, what, 9 months and i think I'm finally ready to maybe meet someone for a drink. I'm ultra cautious right now because I clearly make the most shite choices and I'm looking for (and seeing) signs of them being a manipulative pscyhopath in everyone I look at, but my goodness, I need to get out of the house.

I have 2 dates lined up for this weekend. One man, who works within a Customs type field, who is very handsome but has a head a tiny bit like a potato and who has already bored me to tears on the phone but I am putting that down to nerves (strike 1). He's talked about himself endlessly and on Match is said what he is actually looking for is an Essex blonde with a tiny waist, long hair and an athletic figure to match (which clearly isn't me :mog:) so maybe he's the same as me and just hasn't got anything else to do. So far he's come across as incredibly pretentious. He is having an operation soon and will have to stay in bed and I joked that he needed to learn to paint and he said - in all seriousness - that he's actually already an artist and has painting equipment under the bed, plus he's recommended an unpronounceable Japanese book on spirituality to me already, as I'll probably 'love it' :spoon:

Number 2 - he's only 33! Too young? Works in a private bank and tutoring maths to schoolchildren, not as macho man looking but very clever, very lighthearted and very positive. He has nice grammar.

Obviously G is still texting me everyday lamenting the loss of our love and still trying to manipulate me (he's currently really sad that Bs parents don't live together :grump: ) and this is even more reason to go on few dates and see how normal people behave, suitable or not and boring or not.
In Pizza Express you can get garlic bread with cheese and tomato. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a pizza.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I would not waste my time on #1 Offty but #2 sounds like a goer. And no, that's not too young :uhh:
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I would do the date with #1 for the practise (practice? I can never remember which is which) and #2 sound lovely and definitely not too young!

Kark, are you still seeing Mutual?
Lucy666

Post by Lucy666 »

I think 33 is probably old enough to be a fully fledged adult, if that is what was worrying you. I say this as a 32 year old :))

I'd definitely sack off #1 though. Waste of time.
Offtopic

Post by Offtopic »

I am definitely going on both, I need the practise and I am looking forward to both as I have no expectations for either of them. I figure even if I don't like them, or they me, I've at least got off my bum and done something! (PS no 1 is gorgeous, even if potato shaped and this is swaying my opinion). Plus I've been wrong before, he might be quite personable in real life and just cack on the phone. We shall see!
In Pizza Express you can get garlic bread with cheese and tomato. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a pizza.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Potato shaped :mog:

Good for you testing the waters and for resisting the ex's whining.
indigo

Post by indigo »

I like the sound of #2!
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I also like the sound of 2 but if you're up for it then there's no harm practicing on 1, especially if he's easy on the eye. ;)
Calico

Post by Calico »

Good luck!

I restarted my okcupid account last night and oh, good lord, the amount of spammy messages I got overnight, all from men nowhere near me and clearly not having even read my profile. Is it bad that I want to disable my account again after less than a day?
isambard

Post by isambard »

Good lord, Luna, that really takes the cake!

Calico- I know how you feel. I created an account on French site a while ago and nobody (apart from one man) who contacted me referred to my profile, what I had put as my interests or what I look for in a man. :ella:

I wish all of us luck in 2016...
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I like the sound of #2 too. Ignore G's whinging; allow it to merely fuel the fire of your new life.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Calico, I go through times like that, especially when I think I've not really met any one I'd like to do anything more than a few dates with in 2.5 years.

I reckon you should definitely gawp (and maybe more) at #1 then have fun with #2 Offty.
Calico

Post by Calico »

I don't mind people who've read it but I don't want chat to, that's perfectly understandable. But the guys from other flipping countries (when my profile says I want to meet someone local) who just blast "Hello beautiful, I love your profile can we chat?" messages at everyone are infuriating. It's been a while since I was a new user, I'd forgotten this bit.

I've also altered my profile mentioning, but not making a big deal of, my disability. We'll see how that pans out, I suppose.