Secondary Considerations

Texaco Shirley

Re: Secondary Considerations

Post by Texaco Shirley »

That is a long day. A is 9-3.30 (8.20-3.55 if you include the bus journey) and he is shattered this evening.
smalex

Post by smalex »

An hour a day is a lot to fit in.
Luce

Post by Luce »

F probably has about an hour or two in total for the whole week!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It doesn’t always take the hour but we’ve always been told to not let them spend more than 30 minutes per subject if they’re struggling.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That seems like an awful lot of homework for that age.

Cube is Y8 now but last year he got maths via Hegarty once a week and then the odd bit of homework from other subjects. Maybe about 90 minutes to 2 hours weekly. They've changed to a new academy this year so I don't know if he'll end up with more. His day is 8:30-3:15.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

H had a bug cry after her first few days in year 7 about missing primary school friends, she went alone too.

She is in year 9 now and still has the odd wobble about friendships etc. Her day is 8.40 - 3.05pm.

I hope they all settle in well, it's a hard time. I found the first few weeks of H in year 7 quite difficult because I worried about her a lot.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

We had our first tears last night! Something to do with netball and being put in the wrong section during PE so she thinks she'll not have a chance at being in one of the netball teams. What is baffling is that A has never show any desire to do any form of extra-curricular team sport before now and wasn't on a single team at primary or in any of the sports clubs, so I'm not sure why she's getting herself quite so worked up now!
Elya

Post by Elya »

It’s all so fraught, isn’t it -I hope she’s ok. J seems to be ok so far, but he’s absolutely knackered.