Christmas presents for hatchlings

Beena

Re: C******** presents for hatchlings

Post by Beena »

I'd be very careful playing that, Cerise.

Bambs has sent her Xmas list. I say list, I mean user manual/manifesto. It isn't so much a series of things I can distribute amongst assorted relatives as a set of instructions to understanding her inner essence. It includes a demand to think of the planet (second-hand only, no plastic or plastic derivatives), colour-ways (late autumnal with a nuance of gothic) and general aesthetic vibe (someone I've never heard of but only in the second half of the second film, but cooler. Genuinely WTAF am I to do with that?) There's also some city pop albums :look: And an import from America that is estimating £40 in shipping and taxes (no, but bless her).

What is so wrong with a Soap and Glory gift set from Boots?? When did it get so complicated?
Last edited by Beena on Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beena

Post by Beena »

Oh, and no second-hand underwear. Or socks. She does actually specify that. As far as her keck's go, the planet can burn.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Beena wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:01 pm Oh, and no second-hand underwear. Or socks. She does actually specify that. As far as her keck's go, the planet can burn.
Or for importing stuff from a different continent :lol: Teenagers :love:
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

Oh gosh, I'd be trying to explain "things you ask other people to buy as gifts for you" and "vague notions that live in your head that defy definition but the fun part is you'll know them when you see them." I can just imagine my mum's face while I try and describe my teenage aesthetic 😁

My SIL has gone 'presents for kids only' and I'm thrilled. Only about 7 more adults to convince.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

The Natural History Museum shop has some cute tree decorations including dinosaurs, guinea pigs and narwhals.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Please can anyone recommend a shower gel for a 10 year old boy? I’ve spotted a few that look okay but I can’t smell them through the internet. He likes fresh / citrus scents.

Nothing too blokey or childish. This sort of thing?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Are you ready to see the word yet Kleio, with a month to go? :mrgreen:

Sproglette hinted she'd prefer a Ripley's rather than Guiness book of world records this year so I got them a copy to share. They also have a bluetooth speaker that lights up.

My ILs always give them money and now my MIL's father has started sending money (£100 each in total). If I put it in their Rooster savings, I think it will just get chipped away at without anything really to show for it. Birthday money already went on Operation Ouch tickets and some of the Christmas money has gone on ear piercing. Any ideas on things to do rather than own?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

The girls came up with a family membership for the animal sanctuary but I’ve since found they it’s also to cover their 2022 birthdays so we’re back in discussions. :lol:

My sister got this for Sproglette if it’s a useful idea for anyone - a personalised passport cover and luggage tag. Plus bonus coaster cos she loves a coaster.
Last edited by wendy james on Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Oh, that’s very cute!
Little My

Post by Little My »

Pretty!

I'm scared to jinx us by buying passport covers. :lol:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

They’re so cute!

We decided to buy the children Echo Dots for their bedrooms. Of course they’re now sold out everywhere :ella:
Glint

Post by Glint »

We ordered a pool table for Christmas, and of course its due to be delivered on his birthday :lol: Hopefully it will arrive during school hours.

Est, the kids will love the Dots if you get them.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Little My wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:06 pm I'm scared to jinx us by buying passport covers. :lol:
I did think that but there was a reason she went for her full name, in the hope she'll get to use it one day if not next April. :))

I hope you can sneak it in Glint!
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

wendy james wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:18 am
Sproglette hinted she'd prefer a Ripley's rather than Guiness book of world records this year so I got them a copy to share.
Thank you for the idea, Beebie loves books like this so I've orders one.

I've bought a Snap Circuits electronics kit, Meccano type set, dinosaur slippers, a remote control car and a couple of books. I'm excited about the stocking fillers, especially a make your own jelly sweets kit :weewee:
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

I’ve got a Guinness book of records and a Ripley’s in my gift stash and figured I’d give one to L and one to my friend’s son - I’m now wishing I’d just gone for two the same to save me a decision. :))

L has asked for a Meccano robot, an LOL OMG doll ( :ruby: ) and a Squishmallow, and I’ve got her some Aquabeads and books as well. I’m especially pleased that she wants a Squishmallow, because I ordered a bajillion of them in the Claire’s sale to give to friends’ children, and one of them happens to be a koala which is L’s current favourite animal. :weewee:
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
Little My

Post by Little My »

Squishmallows are ace.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I'm just done with birthday shopping now, so I can think more clearly about what xmas gifts are left to get. We just decided to get R a camera as she's really into photography. And there will be an art supplies spree for both of them.
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Little My wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:01 pm Squishmallows are ace.
They are! I kind of want an axolotl one for myself. :))
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I've bought 8 small Christmas Squishmallows for the kids, but I might need to keep one of the Christmas trees for myself. :shh:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I’ve never heard of them and thankfully Liv hadn’t either :))

I’ve gone crazy on hair accessories for Liv’s stocking - headbands, a huge navy velvet bow and a set of scrunchies. Also candy cane lip balm and I found some macaron shaped bath bombs. I also splurged on US chocolate for G - peppermint bark, M&Ms and Lindor balls.
Last edited by emma_p on Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.