Hatchling Christmas present inspiration

Scooter

Re: Hatchling Christmas present inspiration

Post by Scooter »

FiveO'Clock wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:21 am In an attempt to recognize their current interests:
We will give our ten-year-old granddaughter a metal detector and Harry Potter Lego.
Twin ten-year-old nephew 1 will get a Lacrosse stick, ball and a hoodie and Harry Potter Lego.
Twin ten-year-old nephew 2 will get a big art set in a wooden box with an easel and Harry Potter Lego.
I wish the monsters liked Lego. I feel like I’ve been done out of a whole spectrum of gift buying ease :lg: I built them a leg table and everything!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh those are gorgeous!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Those jumpers are so cute!

Scooter, I love looking at Lego sets and may have a few of my own. :look:
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

FiveO'Clock wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:34 pm Those jumpers are so cute!

Scooter, I love looking at Lego sets and may have a few of my own. :look:
I almost bought myself a Boba Fett one last year :look:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I also love a Lego set :l:

I’ve bought a few more things including pyjamas from “The Elves” so I feel a little bit more organised now.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Does anyone else's child have an AirUp water bottle on their list? Two of Liv's friends have them and she keeps telling me how amazing they are.
Little My

Post by Little My »

They sound fun. I don't think they're a thing here.
viggy

Post by viggy »

emma_p wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:05 pm Does anyone else's child have an AirUp water bottle on their list? Two of Liv's friends have them and she keeps telling me how amazing they are.
Yes, I’ve dread reviews that says they’re a massive waste of money but BM is OBSESSED.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I've actually lucked out and my colleague's daughter has one that is dead to her after it leaked all over her schoolbag so she was glad to give it to Liv! You have to screw the lid on each time really carefully (there is a gap that is intentional for the air to get in apparently) and her daughter could not get the hang of it.

Since it's not new and came with a massive warning about disappointment I gave it to her right away (after sterilising it ;) and she LOVES it. She insisted on taking it to gymnastics yesterday evening and must have drunk about 2l of water so woke in the night needing the loo :ella: I have ordered a new mouthpiece and straw and a starter pack of pods and just that was $$$.
Elya

Post by Elya »

emma_p wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:05 pm Does anyone else's child have an AirUp water bottle on their list? Two of Liv's friends have them and she keeps telling me how amazing they are.
I’ve ordered one for Lu - it was on her list. I haven’t read the bad reviews!
Little My

Post by Little My »

Oh god, a leaky water bottle is a sore subject in our house right now so I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. But I can totally see why Liv likes it. All her friends at gymnastics will also be asking for them. :lol:
Little My

Post by Little My »

Any good stocking stuffer ideas for 11 year old boys? I have everyone else sorted out for the most part, but all he has so far is chocolate coins.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

My 11 year old has: socks, chocolate orange, Guinness book of records, a book, cactus growing kit and a couple of other small bits that I haven’t got yet. Deodorant will feature as it’s become a family joke. :))

ETA: and some Mandalorian juggling balls!
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

A skateboard and gin for Sb1 and preppy cream and grey clothing for the sb2wonder.
Malan
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

I was just reading about the Air Up bottles. They sound interesting but like an ongoing expense! And a leaky water bottle is also a sore subject in our house. :ella:

For S (about to turn 6), his main present is a digital camera. A proper one, as his Kiddizoom is a bit rubbish and he loves taking photos. He also has a Hype backpack, a onesie, a stylus for his iPad and some Lego. I found a giant whoopee cushion in B&M which will last 5 mins and cause much hilarity.

F (aged 9)’s main present is a Le Mieux pony (toy!), with all the accessories (courtesy of various grandparents as they are £££) - the saddle and bridle are actual real miniatures so she can practice tacking up, then we have the saddle pad, leg wraps, etc. She also has a make your own sweetie jewellery set, a So… body mist set, new lunch box, and numerous horse-related books including colouring / sticker books (design your dream horse, etc)

I also got them some games which are easily portable, as we will be spending a lot of time together on sea days during our cruise in February. Boggle, Bananagrams and Cobra Paw, all of which I think they will enjoy.

S’s birthday is helpfully four days before Christmas. We have gotten him an iPad (an absolute bargain thanks to a decent promo plus a 20% voucher from Very). He also has a hat and scarf set, and a couple of other small things.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

MrE took the kids to a massive toy store yesterday to get ideas. He has landed on Transformers, Hot Wheels, and a chemistry set. I’ve also bought new beach towels. And a new bauble each (a tradition for their stocking) Will also get them shower bombs and toiletries and new lunchboxes.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Ooh, chemistry set.

I just put The Big Book of Farty Facts in my Amazon basket. Lowering the tone. :perky:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My nephew has requested women’s leggings, and I am extremely happy to buy them for him because it means I can use the order machine in Zara. :))

I’ve had Untitled Goose Game recommended for any kids who like gaming.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Cube has asked for a gold chain to complete his transformation to roadman. I couldn’t stop my recoil in horror when he mentioned it.

Betty has lots of jewellery, books, some boots and clothes.

I’m taking Elf to Smyths to choose some Lego. He also wants super things stuff. He’s also got books and a teddy.

Cube has a couple of tracksuits so far. He wants a new Xbox game, Pokémon cards, some aftershave and Lego.

I need to sort out somethings from Santa too.
Jet

Post by Jet »

Mine have asked for some unrealistic things (a VR headset...if one ends up happening it's going to be for an adult so that control does not lie with a child as we also do with consoles). I am on the fence though...well, I'm just not really wanting to get it but we'll see.

Otherwise we have lego sets on the lists - S has been planning to ask for his for the last 6 months and knows it's expensive (to the point of writing the price on his list :lol: ), bokugons (not sure I spelled that right), madlibs, pokemon cards and a couple of PS games.

I am also getting some art supplies, some little lava lamps (I'd forgotten I'd bought frankly), a random star wars animatronic thing I got super cheap in a random sale (like $17 instead of $75 or something...maybe it's shite :l: ). I'm also buying them a Google nest for their room so they can play music in there and more so for alarm setting :shh: (I have ulterior motives :)) )
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?